Skin Disorder Rosacea:
Causes of Rosacea:
1. Disorder of the blood vessels that causes them to swell, leading to flushing.
2. A genetic predisposition combined with certain environmental factors that may irritate the skin.
3. The bacteria Helicobacter pylori (that is associated with stomach ulcers) and medications like vasodilators (that cause blood vessels to widen) have also been thought possibly to bring out rosacea.
4. A mite sometimes found in hair follicles may play a role in the development of rosacea.
1. Inflammation of the skin of the face, particularly the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
2. Redness or inflammation, which come and goes.
3. Enlarged blood vessels and pimples become visible.
4. Watery or irritated eyes.
1. Untreated rosacea can cause a disfiguring nose condition leading to growth on nose.
2. Burning and grittiness of the eyes (conjunctivitis) is usually present. If this is not treated, a serious complication that can damage the cornea and vision.
Treatment: Seek help of a Dermatologist.
Treatment plan suggested by dermatologist will be similar to listed below:
1. Antibiotics such as Tetracycline are given.
2. Tropical cream (cream to be applied on skin) containing Metronidazole should be applied.
3. Corticosteroid Ointment to be applied regularly till symptoms subsides.
4. Tretinoin cream is also applied.
1. Smoking, spicy food, hot beverages and alcoholic drinks to be avoided. They can cause flushing.
2. Exposure to sunlight and to extreme hot and cold temperatures should be avoided as far as possible.
3. Potent cortisone medications on the face should be avoided because they can promote widening of the tiny blood vessels of the face.
4. Facial products such as soap, moisturizers and sunscreens should be free of alcohol.
5. Do not touch and rub face.
6. When going outdoors, sunscreens with an SPF of 15 or higher are needed.
Mango Skin Disorder:
Dog Skin Disorder: He's the one who protects your home. Keep him healthy and safe
Dog-Skin disorders are one of the most difficult things to deal with. They are mostly related to the immune system. The indications for a skin disorder are ringworms, hair loss, and itchy scalp or dry dog skin. Allergens include pollens, dust,...
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Skin diseases can affect the skin of any body part anytime due to any reason. Skin diseases arise due to various reasons - hereditary, exposure to some particular substance or plants or due to ant other reason. Getting the disease on the face can be...
Feline skin disorders
Pets also face troublesome skin at times and if we see the cat itching and scratching about time and again, it is time to have a look. A cat having skin irritation will also behave in a restless maner.The most common cause of skin problems in cats...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Milia Skin Disorder
trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. Milia are common in newborn infants and appear as pearly white bumps, most commonly across the upper cheeks, nose, and chin. They are also commonly seen on the faces of adults or in areas...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Scabies skin disorder:
people with scabies are just as clean and hygienic as anybody else. Dirt has nothing to do with it. The Scabies refers to an infestation by the itch mite, Sarcoptes scabies. Mites are little 8-legged beasties (in contrast to insects, which have 6...
Skin Cancer Mole Biopsy Disorder -
A mole is a marking on the skin, a spot of darkened pigment on the skin and is genetically determined in many cases. Most of the people have various number of moles of different sizes and at different locations. They can be flat or raised, smooth or...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
Skin Disorder Rosacea:
Rosacea is a hereditary; chronic skin disorder that affects the middle third of the face, causing persistent redness over the areas of the face and nose, forehead and chin. Rosacea typically appears between the ages of 30 and 50 and affects more...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|