Skin Disorder Hives -
Skin can be called the mirror of one's health as it shows how a person's general health condition is. The health of the body always reflects on the skin. The skin, being a sensitive part of the body can be prone to allergies and disorders when foreign substances come in contact with skin or body, and the immune system responds in different ways.
Hives or Urticaria is one such allergic reaction.
About Urticaria and its symptoms -
It is a smooth, flat red eruption with white centre called Hives. It causes itching, burning and stinging sensations anywhere on the body and appears, disappears and reappears suddenly, without leaving any trace. Histamine, a primary chemical mediator (caused due to antigen and antibody reaction in the body) act on the upper layers of the skin, as a result of which Hives occur.
Acuteness of the problem causes due to direct exposure to sunlight or cold, metal pollens, plants chemicals, oils cream, scratching, pressure, aggravation on the nerves, physical exertion, certain foods like crab, oyster, tomato, lime, drugs like aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers.
1. Depending on what causes it, urticaria may be of these types -
2. Heat Urticaria - allergy caused due to heat.
3. Papular Urticaria - allergy caused due to mites or flies.
4. Solar Urticaria - allergy caused due to heat.
5. Cold Urticaria - allergy caused due to cold.
6. Pressure Urticaria - allergy caused due to tight dresses.
Other types are -
1. Acute Urticaria - allergy caused due to exposure to pets, rubber, certain foods like fish, eggs and dairy products, insects stings. Certain medications like antibiotics, blood pressure pills or pain killers, viral infections such as glandular fever, Hepatitis B, bacteria, fungal or parasitic infections may also be the cause. Itchy blotches (called Papular Urticaria) usually seen in children are caused due to fleas or mosquito bites.
2. Chronic Urticaria - Not easily identifiable, it is caused by auto-antibodies that attack the cells in the skin and tissues releasing large amounts of histamine. Exposure to environmental heat, intense cold, sunlight, vibration or pressure on the skin (due to tight clothing), certain medications like blood pressure pills, parasitic infections, and certain food items like wheat, celery and shell fish are also some of the causes. Stress is said to aggravate Urticaria.
Treatment / Solution to the problem -
Treatment involves avoiding stimulus, desensitization and stress management. Anti-histamines and nerve inhibitors used to control allergy in allopathy is temporary and is usually effective only for 12-36 hours. Homeopathy provides relief without side effects, through a natural way helping the body to support its own healing process.
Canine skin disorder:
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Dog Skin Disorder: He's the one who protects your home. Keep him healthy and safe
Dog-Skin disorders are one of the most difficult things to deal with. They are mostly related to the immune system. The indications for a skin disorder are ringworms, hair loss, and itchy scalp or dry dog skin. Allergens include pollens, dust,...
Eczema skin disorder
Eczema skin disorder is a form of dermatitis, a skin exasperation characterized by red, flaky skin, sometimes with cracks or tiny blisters. These blisters possibly will also look like bubbles just underneath the surface of the skin. It can be...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Scabies skin disorder:
people with scabies are just as clean and hygienic as anybody else. Dirt has nothing to do with it. The Scabies refers to an infestation by the itch mite, Sarcoptes scabies. Mites are little 8-legged beasties (in contrast to insects, which have 6...
Skin disorder medicine:
The largest organ in the body, the skin is the first line of defense against dirt, germs and other foreign items. Fortunately, it is also most unnatural by sun damage. The most skin disorders, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis, display symptoms on...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
Skin picking disorder:
other names: dermatillomania, chronic skin picking, neurotic excoriation, and acne excoriee. Damage from Compulsive skin picking is the common on the face, back, scalp, and extremities, usually caused by a mixture of rubbing, scratching, picking and...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|