Rare Skin Disorder -
A rare skin disorder is one which is very unusual and are caused due to unusual factors which cannot be easily identifiable. These disorders occur as a result of some rare allergy or problem causing factors acting on the skin.
Some types of rare skin disorders -
1. Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - It is an extremely rare case of skin disorder. The occurrence is just one in every two million infants. The skin peels off even with the slightest touch, causing open wounds. Since it is the rarest, the ones affected find it difficult to accept and cope up with it.
2. Pemphigus - It is a group of rare autoimmune skin disorder, where blisters occur on the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) and mucous membranes (thin, moist layers lining the body's internal surfaces). Blisters occur when the cement holding the cells together (called epidermal acantholysis) is destroyed causing the cells to separate form one another. The type of blisters and their location on the body may vary. Soft blisters are generally found on neck, scalp, mucous membranes and groin areas. It may turn into a serious illness, if left unattended. When the antibodies supposed to attack the foreign substances start attacking the healthy tissues in the body, autoimmune disorders occur, causing this condition. It can be treated with antibiotic drugs and creams (standard therapy) and by removal of unwanted substances from the blood (investigational therapy).
3. Bextra Stevens Johnson Syndrome - Caused by the use of Bextra (an anti-inflammatory drug used in treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis), it is a serious skin reaction characterized by swelling in the mouth, throat, anogenital areas, intestinal tract and lining of eyelids. Flat or small and raised, purplish or red lesions that may develop into fluid-filled blisters, bleeding in the lips, mouth eyes, nasal passages are the symptoms.
4. Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP) - A group of rare inherited skin disorders where the skin rects intensely to sunlight (photosensitivity), and skin blisters occur. At times, pain and blisters occur immediately after contact with sunlight. Acute sunburn, redness or skin inflammation, discoloration, weakness, scars on skin are the symptoms of XP. The symptoms may appear at birth or sometime later in the childhood or adulthood. Associated with several forms of skin cancers, it may affect the eyes and the skin, and may sometimes occur along with dwarfism, mental retardation, and/or delayed development.
Mango Skin Disorder:
African American skin disorder:
darker complexions however, there are a few skin care problems that are much more prevalent. Following are some of the most common African American skin care issues… Acne: A chronic disorder which is characterized by excess production of oil...
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Child skin disorder:
Skin disorders in childhood are universal and the dominance of conditions, such as atopic eczema, is greater than ever. The majority of childhood skin disorder is diagnosed by wide ranging practitioners who will refer the additional easier said than...
Equine skin disorder:
the equine skin disorder. As you start on to smooth it down, you feel a radiating heat and your horse flinches from your contact. As a result of this, by the next day, sensitive, tight scabs have appeared where the rain was intense on his back and...
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Skin diseases can affect the skin of any body part anytime due to any reason. Skin diseases arise due to various reasons - hereditary, exposure to some particular substance or plants or due to ant other reason. Getting the disease on the face can be...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Skin Disorder Hives -
Introduction - Skin can be called the mirror of one's health as it shows how a person's general health condition is. The health of the body always reflects on the skin. The skin, being a sensitive part of the body can be prone to allergies and...
Skin Disorder Rosacea:
Rosacea is a hereditary; chronic skin disorder that affects the middle third of the face, causing persistent redness over the areas of the face and nose, forehead and chin. Rosacea typically appears between the ages of 30 and 50 and affects more...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|