Rare Skin Disorder -
A rare skin disorder is one which is very unusual and are caused due to unusual factors which cannot be easily identifiable. These disorders occur as a result of some rare allergy or problem causing factors acting on the skin.
Some types of rare skin disorders -
1. Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - It is an extremely rare case of skin disorder. The occurrence is just one in every two million infants. The skin peels off even with the slightest touch, causing open wounds. Since it is the rarest, the ones affected find it difficult to accept and cope up with it.
2. Pemphigus - It is a group of rare autoimmune skin disorder, where blisters occur on the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) and mucous membranes (thin, moist layers lining the body's internal surfaces). Blisters occur when the cement holding the cells together (called epidermal acantholysis) is destroyed causing the cells to separate form one another. The type of blisters and their location on the body may vary. Soft blisters are generally found on neck, scalp, mucous membranes and groin areas. It may turn into a serious illness, if left unattended. When the antibodies supposed to attack the foreign substances start attacking the healthy tissues in the body, autoimmune disorders occur, causing this condition. It can be treated with antibiotic drugs and creams (standard therapy) and by removal of unwanted substances from the blood (investigational therapy).
3. Bextra Stevens Johnson Syndrome - Caused by the use of Bextra (an anti-inflammatory drug used in treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis), it is a serious skin reaction characterized by swelling in the mouth, throat, anogenital areas, intestinal tract and lining of eyelids. Flat or small and raised, purplish or red lesions that may develop into fluid-filled blisters, bleeding in the lips, mouth eyes, nasal passages are the symptoms.
4. Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP) - A group of rare inherited skin disorders where the skin rects intensely to sunlight (photosensitivity), and skin blisters occur. At times, pain and blisters occur immediately after contact with sunlight. Acute sunburn, redness or skin inflammation, discoloration, weakness, scars on skin are the symptoms of XP. The symptoms may appear at birth or sometime later in the childhood or adulthood. Associated with several forms of skin cancers, it may affect the eyes and the skin, and may sometimes occur along with dwarfism, mental retardation, and/or delayed development.
Equine skin disorder:
African American skin disorder:
darker complexions however, there are a few skin care problems that are much more prevalent. Following are some of the most common African American skin care issues… Acne: A chronic disorder which is characterized by excess production of oil...
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Child skin disorder:
Skin disorders in childhood are universal and the dominance of conditions, such as atopic eczema, is greater than ever. The majority of childhood skin disorder is diagnosed by wide ranging practitioners who will refer the additional easier said than...
Dog Skin Disorder: He's the one who protects your home. Keep him healthy and safe
Dog-Skin disorders are one of the most difficult things to deal with. They are mostly related to the immune system. The indications for a skin disorder are ringworms, hair loss, and itchy scalp or dry dog skin. Allergens include pollens, dust,...
Eczema skin disorder
Eczema skin disorder is a form of dermatitis, a skin exasperation characterized by red, flaky skin, sometimes with cracks or tiny blisters. These blisters possibly will also look like bubbles just underneath the surface of the skin. It can be...
Feline skin disorders
Pets also face troublesome skin at times and if we see the cat itching and scratching about time and again, it is time to have a look. A cat having skin irritation will also behave in a restless maner.The most common cause of skin problems in cats...
Fingertip skin disorders:
Skin problems at your fingertips?? Fingertips are known to be very sensitive.Over time, and due to some environmental conditions, we do find the skin on our fingertips affected. Some of the fingertip problems commonly reported are: ...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Milia Skin Disorder
trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. Milia are common in newborn infants and appear as pearly white bumps, most commonly across the upper cheeks, nose, and chin. They are also commonly seen on the faces of adults or in areas...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|