Milia Skin Disorder
Why does it occur?
Common myth is that it occurs because skin is not kept clean. But cleanliness is not the problem it is the skin's ability to exfoliate. The common causes are
1. Abundant use of skin care product: Comedogenic creams and lotions may prevent the sloughing of dead epidermal skin cells. Sunscreens, Lotions, eye makeup, makeup remover may cause milia.
2. Exposure to Sun: History of spending long hours in skin can cause early aging of skin. Aging skin forms a thicker epidermis; thicker skin also makes for more road blocks in the pathway to exfoliation.
3. Skin disorder: Certain skin diseases can stimulate milia formation. One of such skin condition is Porphyria (formation of blisters on skin).
4. Genetics: It is a inherited disorder.
5. Improper Handling: In children irritation of the skin by rough sheets or clothing may cause mild reddening around the bump, but the central portion remains white.
Prevention: There is no known prevention. Exfoliation seems to be the key.
What can be done?
1. Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation can help. Use gentle peel offs containing alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) or Beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid). For better results use it once a week.
2. Masks: Use clay mask once a week to keep skin pores open.
3. Microdermabrasion: If home treatments above mentioned do not help. Dermatologist can remove outer dermis with the help of chemicals. This can be a rapid method of removing white heads.
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Dog Skin Disorder: He's the one who protects your home. Keep him healthy and safe
Dog-Skin disorders are one of the most difficult things to deal with. They are mostly related to the immune system. The indications for a skin disorder are ringworms, hair loss, and itchy scalp or dry dog skin. Allergens include pollens, dust,...
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Skin diseases can affect the skin of any body part anytime due to any reason. Skin diseases arise due to various reasons - hereditary, exposure to some particular substance or plants or due to ant other reason. Getting the disease on the face can be...
Feline skin disorders
Pets also face troublesome skin at times and if we see the cat itching and scratching about time and again, it is time to have a look. A cat having skin irritation will also behave in a restless maner.The most common cause of skin problems in cats...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Shingles skin disorder:
The Shingles is an infection caused by the virus that causes chickenpox vermicelli-zoster. One or more nerves and the skin over them are pretentious. Normally, the disorder causes a painful blistering rash, usually limited to one part of the body....
Skin disorder medicine:
The largest organ in the body, the skin is the first line of defense against dirt, germs and other foreign items. Fortunately, it is also most unnatural by sun damage. The most skin disorders, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis, display symptoms on...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|