Causes of oily skin:
3) Hormone levels
5) Birth control pills
6) Cosmetics you use
7) Humidity and hot weather
Because of the hormonal shifts of adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. In general, skin tends to become dryer with age. The flow of sebum or oil increases during adolescence and starts decreasing with age. During pregnancy and menopause, hormonal imbalances can also upset the oil balance and increase the activity of sebaceous glands. Many people have skin that is oily only in certain areas and dry or normal in others, a condition known as combination skin.
Skin Care for Oily Skin:
1) The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.
2) Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils.
3) Avoid skincare products that leave your skin feeling taut and dehydrated. They cause the upper layers of the skin to shrink. This restricts oil flow through the pores leading to blockages and breakouts.
4) To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion.
5) Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. Too much washing will stimulate your skin to produce more oil.
6) Choose your cleanser with care. Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin supple.
7) Use hot water when washing your face. Hot water dissolves skin oil better than lukewarm or cold water.
8) If your skin is extremely oily, three or four daily cleansings may be in order and little or no moisturizing necessary before you are 30 years old. After that point, the skin around your eyes and mouth and on your throat may benefit from a nightly moisturizing, plus a mere touch of moisturizer in the morning.
Natural remedy for skin care:
Beauty Recipes Oily Skin:
All of us want to be beautiful and all of us are indeed bestowed with beauty. But at times, this beauty may not be brought out due to many things. Our skin, which is the first and most important part of our body that makes us look and feel...
Causes of Oily Skin:
Oily skin is an over functioning of the sebaceous glands (oil producing glands) distinguished by a shiny appearance and break out. Sebaceous glands produce more oil than required for lubrication. Oily skin has enlarged pores, and is prone to black...
Foundation for Oily Skin:
Makeup application begins with a foundation that blends smoothly and evenly, merging with skin color. When shopping for foundations make sure it matches skin color exactly. Avoid buying a foundation to alter skin color because in daylight or office...
Makeup for Oily Skin: Makeup for an Oil Free Complexion.
Oily skin can be made out by the shine and oily look on the face and the enlarged pores. This is due to the high level of serum secretion. The skin tends to look greasy and there is a tendency for pimples. Oily skin tends to attract more dust and...
Oily Skin Products
Oily skin is due to overactive sebaceous glands found beneath the skin that secrete sebum. Oily skin though observed generally among people of all ages is found mainly among adolescents. There are many oily skin products available in the market that...
Oily Skin Types:
Skin is the largest organ of the body. There are five different types of skins learning to know one's skin type helps in looking after it. Type 1: Oily Skin Oily skin is characterized by a shine on face, skin is often thick, and has large pores....
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and produce...
Oily skin lotion:
The Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and...
Remedies For Oily Skin: Have an oil free skin and look your best
care of it and prevent it temporary. It does not give a pleasant look therefore all are ready to take some precautions and efforts for an oil free skin. There are various remedies for oily skin. You have home remedies and also remedies from expert...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© oily-skin.tdrbizl.com 2006|