Causes of oily skin:
3) Hormone levels
5) Birth control pills
6) Cosmetics you use
7) Humidity and hot weather
Because of the hormonal shifts of adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. In general, skin tends to become dryer with age. The flow of sebum or oil increases during adolescence and starts decreasing with age. During pregnancy and menopause, hormonal imbalances can also upset the oil balance and increase the activity of sebaceous glands. Many people have skin that is oily only in certain areas and dry or normal in others, a condition known as combination skin.
Skin Care for Oily Skin:
1) The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.
2) Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils.
3) Avoid skincare products that leave your skin feeling taut and dehydrated. They cause the upper layers of the skin to shrink. This restricts oil flow through the pores leading to blockages and breakouts.
4) To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion.
5) Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. Too much washing will stimulate your skin to produce more oil.
6) Choose your cleanser with care. Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin supple.
7) Use hot water when washing your face. Hot water dissolves skin oil better than lukewarm or cold water.
8) If your skin is extremely oily, three or four daily cleansings may be in order and little or no moisturizing necessary before you are 30 years old. After that point, the skin around your eyes and mouth and on your throat may benefit from a nightly moisturizing, plus a mere touch of moisturizer in the morning.
Beauty Recipes Oily Skin:
Aloe Vera for Oily Skin
available in the market that promise a quick fix on oily skin but do not seem to do much. Home made recipes work but only if you have the time and inclination to prepare the scrubs and facials and then apply them and wait for results. In this age of...
Barley Green Oily Skin:
A healthy and fit body is evident if the face radiates with health. But the face and skin may not always look fine. People with oily skin are forever struggling to find out ways and means to curb oiliness and come up with a squeaky clean and radiant...
Causes of Oily Skin:
Oily skin is an over functioning of the sebaceous glands (oil producing glands) distinguished by a shiny appearance and break out. Sebaceous glands produce more oil than required for lubrication. Oily skin has enlarged pores, and is prone to black...
Foundation for Oily Skin:
Makeup application begins with a foundation that blends smoothly and evenly, merging with skin color. When shopping for foundations make sure it matches skin color exactly. Avoid buying a foundation to alter skin color because in daylight or office...
How to stop oily skin:
Get Rid Of That Oily Problem Skin is divided into three categories depending on its structure. Dry Skin, Oily Skin and Combination Skin. Hereditary and hormonal factors are responsible for oily skin. Even climatic changes cause oily skin. If...
Oily Skin Types:
Skin is the largest organ of the body. There are five different types of skins learning to know one's skin type helps in looking after it. Type 1: Oily Skin Oily skin is characterized by a shine on face, skin is often thick, and has large pores....
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and produce...
Oily skin cure:
Some Chances are they came from someplace where oily skin served a useful purpose, such as combating the effects of excessive Mediterranean sunlight or monsoon rains. Now you're stuck with oily skin in the middle of Minnesota, where the...
Oily skin lotion:
The Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
|© oily-skin.tdrbizl.com 2006|