Causes of oily skin:
3) Hormone levels
5) Birth control pills
6) Cosmetics you use
7) Humidity and hot weather
Because of the hormonal shifts of adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. In general, skin tends to become dryer with age. The flow of sebum or oil increases during adolescence and starts decreasing with age. During pregnancy and menopause, hormonal imbalances can also upset the oil balance and increase the activity of sebaceous glands. Many people have skin that is oily only in certain areas and dry or normal in others, a condition known as combination skin.
Skin Care for Oily Skin:
1) The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.
2) Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils.
3) Avoid skincare products that leave your skin feeling taut and dehydrated. They cause the upper layers of the skin to shrink. This restricts oil flow through the pores leading to blockages and breakouts.
4) To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion.
5) Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. Too much washing will stimulate your skin to produce more oil.
6) Choose your cleanser with care. Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin supple.
7) Use hot water when washing your face. Hot water dissolves skin oil better than lukewarm or cold water.
8) If your skin is extremely oily, three or four daily cleansings may be in order and little or no moisturizing necessary before you are 30 years old. After that point, the skin around your eyes and mouth and on your throat may benefit from a nightly moisturizing, plus a mere touch of moisturizer in the morning.
How to stop oily skin:
Causes of Oily Skin:
Oily skin is an over functioning of the sebaceous glands (oil producing glands) distinguished by a shiny appearance and break out. Sebaceous glands produce more oil than required for lubrication. Oily skin has enlarged pores, and is prone to black...
Cleanser for oily skin:
People with oily skin require a special cleaning regime and special products to clean skin. Cleaning Routine: 1. Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. Too much washing will stimulate your skin to...
Makeup for Oily Skin: Makeup for an Oil Free Complexion.
Oily skin can be made out by the shine and oily look on the face and the enlarged pores. This is due to the high level of serum secretion. The skin tends to look greasy and there is a tendency for pimples. Oily skin tends to attract more dust and...
Oily Sensitive Skin Non Comogenic
Sebaceous glands found beneath the skin secrete fatty "oil" or sebum. This makes the skin look oily and tends to attract dust and grime. Oily skin is also troublesome because taking care of oily skin needs regular care and good beauty and skin care...
Oily Skin Problems
Oily skin is found among people and especially teenagers due to the hormonal imbalances that upset oil balance in the sebaceous glands below the skin. This results in the skin becoming coarse and the skin gets a shiny coat. Blemishes and enlarged...
Oily Skin Products
Oily skin is due to overactive sebaceous glands found beneath the skin that secrete sebum. Oily skin though observed generally among people of all ages is found mainly among adolescents. There are many oily skin products available in the market that...
Pevonia Oily Skin Line:
The name Pevonia comes from Greek mythology. The gods' physician, Paion, discovered peonia a flower which could sure number of diseases. Hence a team of husband-and-wife Philippe and Sylvie Hennessy named their skin care product line as Pevonia....
Remedies For Oily Skin: Have an oil free skin and look your best
care of it and prevent it temporary. It does not give a pleasant look therefore all are ready to take some precautions and efforts for an oil free skin. There are various remedies for oily skin. You have home remedies and also remedies from expert...
Treating oily skin:
Importance of skin: The skin is the major limb of our body and up till now most of us do not do an adequate amount of to keep up our skin's health. One of the functions of our skin is to get rid of a segment of the body's waste products all the...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© oily-skin.tdrbizl.com 2006|