What is heart disease?
Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections.
There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases.
There are many ways to define heart disease. It typically is some abnormality with the functioning of the heart. When the normal functioning of the heart is hampered by some internal or external agents, heart disease can occur.
Function of the Heart:
The basic function of the heart is to act like a pump. Impure blood is pumped into the heart and pure blood gets pumped out. Therefore, if one part of this pump is not behaving as per instructions, there may be dire implications.
Different Kinds of Heart Disease:
Though we all think that heart disease is primarily coronary heart diseases, there are many more conditions that can afflict the heart. Coronary heart disease is heart attack. The rest are:
1. Arrhythmia or problem in heart rhythms
2. Congenital heart condition or hole in the heart
3. Valve problem
5. Marfans Syndrome
6. Vascular heart disease
Some of these conditions are present during birth in people and some develop during the person's lifetime. In fact, most heart diseases develop due to the individual's lifestyle.
1. Coronary artery disease is caused when the arteries of the heart are blocked or narrowed due to accumulation of plaque.
2. Congenital heart disease occurs when the heart grows some defect. This could be when the baby is still growing in the foetus or even during adulthood.
3. Valve problem occurs when the valves of the heart stop functioning as per expectation. This may be congenital or can be acquired due to some infection or comprise in immunity.
4. Pericarditis occurs when the lining of the heart gets inflamed due to infection.
5. Marfans syndrome is a genetic condition where the valve's may function inappropriately leading to death too.
6. Vascular heart disease occurs when the arteries of the heart develop a problem.
Physicians across the world feel that taking care of a few things can impact the growth of heart conditions in global population. These are the things you can do to prevent heart conditions:
1. Eat regularly and eat fibrous vegetables.
2. Drink a lot of water.
3. Do aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, every day for a minimum of 15 minutes.
4. Keep low stress levels by doing meditation or some form of stress-free games or activities.
Different types of heart disease:
Alcohol heart disease:
Protect Your Heart United States alone sees 100,000 excess deaths due to alcohol-related diseases every year. In UK it is one of the commonest causes of Hospital admissions. Same pattern of mortality and morbidity can be seen across the globe....
Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease:
Atherosclerosis Atherosclerosis is a common disorder of the arteries.The word atherosclerosis comes from two Greek words athero (meaning paste) and sclerosis (hardness). It means in plain language hardening of Blood vessels. What is...
Effects of Heart Disease:
flow of your blood to your heart the results can be very serious. Angina occurs when the arteries that supply blood to heart are severely blocked. Although scary, angina does not cause any permanent damage. A heart attack occurs when the arteries...
Heart disease caused due to smoking
over the world. Cigarette smokers have a very higher risk of developing a number of chronic disorders. They include fatty buildups in arteries, several types of cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Atherosclerosis, buildup of fatty...
Heart disease in women:
stroke also affects a substantial number of women. Expert's estimate that one in two women will die of heart disease or stroke compared with one in 25 women who will die of breast cancer. Few recent static's: Current statistics reveal...
Marijuana heart disease:
What is marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, which is smoked and can also be eaten. It is commonly known as pot, hash, ganja, Mary Jane, reefer or weed. It is made from the leaves of cannabis plant. Marijuana can be rolled in a cigarette and also...
Organic Heart Disease
What is Organic heart disease. OHD as it is referred as, Organic heart disease a condition wherein the heart doesn't function as it should because of any deformity or inflammation.This deformation can either be cardio or vascular in nature.Our...
Red wine heart disease:
Well apart from the knowledge that wine appeals to the heart, medical evidence and research suggests that consumption of red wine in moderate levels can reduce chances of heart ailments. Shall we raise a Toast then... Well, definitely, but lets...
Rheumatic heart disease:
directly affect the heart but could lead to conditions that affect the heart or it's working in many ways. Rheumatic fever is one such condition that can first affect your throat and the connective tissues. If not treated at the right time it could...
Valvular Heart Disease:
normal conditions, the heart valves let blood to flow in only one direction. The four heart valves are: 1. Tricuspid valve, located between the right atrium and right ventricle; 2. Pulmonary valve, between the right ventricle and the pulmonary...
|© heart-disease.com 2006|