What is heart disease?
Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections.
There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases.
There are many ways to define heart disease. It typically is some abnormality with the functioning of the heart. When the normal functioning of the heart is hampered by some internal or external agents, heart disease can occur.
Function of the Heart:
The basic function of the heart is to act like a pump. Impure blood is pumped into the heart and pure blood gets pumped out. Therefore, if one part of this pump is not behaving as per instructions, there may be dire implications.
Different Kinds of Heart Disease:
Though we all think that heart disease is primarily coronary heart diseases, there are many more conditions that can afflict the heart. Coronary heart disease is heart attack. The rest are:
1. Arrhythmia or problem in heart rhythms
2. Congenital heart condition or hole in the heart
3. Valve problem
5. Marfans Syndrome
6. Vascular heart disease
Some of these conditions are present during birth in people and some develop during the person's lifetime. In fact, most heart diseases develop due to the individual's lifestyle.
1. Coronary artery disease is caused when the arteries of the heart are blocked or narrowed due to accumulation of plaque.
2. Congenital heart disease occurs when the heart grows some defect. This could be when the baby is still growing in the foetus or even during adulthood.
3. Valve problem occurs when the valves of the heart stop functioning as per expectation. This may be congenital or can be acquired due to some infection or comprise in immunity.
4. Pericarditis occurs when the lining of the heart gets inflamed due to infection.
5. Marfans syndrome is a genetic condition where the valve's may function inappropriately leading to death too.
6. Vascular heart disease occurs when the arteries of the heart develop a problem.
Physicians across the world feel that taking care of a few things can impact the growth of heart conditions in global population. These are the things you can do to prevent heart conditions:
1. Eat regularly and eat fibrous vegetables.
2. Drink a lot of water.
3. Do aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, every day for a minimum of 15 minutes.
4. Keep low stress levels by doing meditation or some form of stress-free games or activities.
Information on heart disease:
Alternative Heart Disease Remedies:
Alternative Treatment for Silent Killer The Heart and Vascular System is a very large system of body. Its primary function is to deliver food and oxygen to cells and remove cellular waste. Heart disease is usually referred as silent killer as...
Canine Heart Disease:
Be Your Dogs Best Friend: Heart disease affects an estimated 15% of dogs. Thus making it the second most common cause of death after cancer in Dogs. The common problem is Congestive Heart failure in canines this can lead to death. Heart...
Causes of Heart Disease
to the World Health Organization the cardiovascular disease causes 12 million deaths in the world each year. This disease is responsible for half of all deaths in the United States and to other developed countries as it is a main cause of death in...
Heart disease Hereditary:
develops can be related to the presence of risks factors. For example, patients who have ischemic heart disease where the blood supply to the heart has decreased , rate at which this disease develops or progresses is influenced by many risks...
Heart diseases are number of different diseases, which affect the heart. The most common heart diseases are mentioned below: 1. Coronary heart disease is the end result of the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries,...
Information on heart disease:
What do you mean by heart disease? Heart disease is a cardiovascular disease that affects the function of heart to circulate fresh oxygenated blood to the cells in the body. Heart disease can be a cause of any disorder or disability in...
Ischaemic heart disease:
Ischaemic heart disease is a medical term commonly known as Coronary artery disease of the heart. It is a malfunction of the coronary artery caused that supply less or no blood to the heart. Coronary artery disease or ischaemic heart disease is one...
Marijuana heart disease:
What is marijuana? Marijuana is a drug, which is smoked and can also be eaten. It is commonly known as pot, hash, ganja, Mary Jane, reefer or weed. It is made from the leaves of cannabis plant. Marijuana can be rolled in a cigarette and also...
Obesity and heart disease
Obesity is an alarmingly growing problem in the developed world. Sometimes it makes one sit up and wonder, "Is this the price we pay for development". By definition, obesity means simply being overweight. However, the interpretation of this is...
What is heart disease?
The Heart of the Matter: Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections. There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases. ...
|© heart-disease.com 2006|