What is heart disease?
Coughs and colds are probably diseases that we all can pray for. Why, you ask me. That's because there are some immediate symptoms of these infections.
There may be no symptom for diseases like heart diseases.
There are many ways to define heart disease. It typically is some abnormality with the functioning of the heart. When the normal functioning of the heart is hampered by some internal or external agents, heart disease can occur.
Function of the Heart:
The basic function of the heart is to act like a pump. Impure blood is pumped into the heart and pure blood gets pumped out. Therefore, if one part of this pump is not behaving as per instructions, there may be dire implications.
Different Kinds of Heart Disease:
Though we all think that heart disease is primarily coronary heart diseases, there are many more conditions that can afflict the heart. Coronary heart disease is heart attack. The rest are:
1. Arrhythmia or problem in heart rhythms
2. Congenital heart condition or hole in the heart
3. Valve problem
5. Marfans Syndrome
6. Vascular heart disease
Some of these conditions are present during birth in people and some develop during the person's lifetime. In fact, most heart diseases develop due to the individual's lifestyle.
1. Coronary artery disease is caused when the arteries of the heart are blocked or narrowed due to accumulation of plaque.
2. Congenital heart disease occurs when the heart grows some defect. This could be when the baby is still growing in the foetus or even during adulthood.
3. Valve problem occurs when the valves of the heart stop functioning as per expectation. This may be congenital or can be acquired due to some infection or comprise in immunity.
4. Pericarditis occurs when the lining of the heart gets inflamed due to infection.
5. Marfans syndrome is a genetic condition where the valve's may function inappropriately leading to death too.
6. Vascular heart disease occurs when the arteries of the heart develop a problem.
Physicians across the world feel that taking care of a few things can impact the growth of heart conditions in global population. These are the things you can do to prevent heart conditions:
1. Eat regularly and eat fibrous vegetables.
2. Drink a lot of water.
3. Do aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, every day for a minimum of 15 minutes.
4. Keep low stress levels by doing meditation or some form of stress-free games or activities.
Folic acid and heart disease:
Alcohol heart disease:
Protect Your Heart United States alone sees 100,000 excess deaths due to alcohol-related diseases every year. In UK it is one of the commonest causes of Hospital admissions. Same pattern of mortality and morbidity can be seen across the globe....
Folic acid and heart disease:
that elevated homocysteine level is an independent risk factor for heart disease and stroke. The evidence suggests that the high levels of homocysteine may damage coronary arteries and makes it easier for blood clotting cells called platelets to...
Heart disease caused due to smoking
over the world. Cigarette smokers have a very higher risk of developing a number of chronic disorders. They include fatty buildups in arteries, several types of cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Atherosclerosis, buildup of fatty...
Heart diseases are number of different diseases, which affect the heart. The most common heart diseases are mentioned below: 1. Coronary heart disease is the end result of the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries,...
Heart Valve Disease:
heart is life's biggest sustainer. Pumping out blood through the valves to the arteries to each capillary and thus reaching out blood to the tiniest cell of our body, our hearts are more than responsible for each one of us being up and about. Valves...
Information on heart disease:
What do you mean by heart disease? Heart disease is a cardiovascular disease that affects the function of heart to circulate fresh oxygenated blood to the cells in the body. Heart disease can be a cause of any disorder or disability in...
Palpatations heart disease:
heart, what we commonly hear and know as heart beat, we know our heart is doing its work. But there are occasions when we feel an irregular or forceful beating of the heart. We may also face a situation where we feel that our heart has skipped a...
Stop Heart Disease:
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the term used to describe the gradual narrowing of the coronary arteries. Today we know about the major controllable risk factors for coronary artery disease. A risk factor merely increases the probability of...
Heartworm disease is found in Dogs and Cats. Heartworm is a parasitic worm, which is about six inches long, and it normally lives in the right ventricle of the heart and nearby blood vessels. The parasites are transmitted from one animal to another...
Vitamin E and Heart disease:
Coronary artery disease is the term used to describe the gradual narrowing of the coronary arteries. The narrowing is caused by the building up of fatty deposits (atheroma) within the inner lining of the coronary arteries The atheroma contains...
|© heart-disease.com 2006|