Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
An Overview Of Menstrual Headache
Cough Headaches -
Introduction - Cough Headache can be caused by cough; sneeze or bending, when the blood pressure in the veins in the head increases and the pain may be sharp or stabbing usually on both the sides of the head and at the back of the skull. These...
Eyestrain Headaches -
Headaches and eyestrain - Introduction - There are different causes and reasons for headaches. Eyestrain is one of the most common causes of headaches, especially at work places. These headaches can be commonly seen in people who are doing any...
Headaches are a common cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The main challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy most...
The headache pillows are filled with outstanding quality wild ginger fruits, seeds and lemon pepper. Both fragrances unite to a very pleasant scent, which only you will notice, and only when your light pressure on the pillow gently crushes the...
Morning Headaches -
Chronic morning headaches have become a common feature with the changing lifestyles in the society. They are said to be caused by the sleep disorders like insomnia and sleep apnea (sleep apnea is a condition where people stop breathing many times...
Natural headache relief
The greater parts of headaches are caused by tension, which tightens the muscles in the head. Vascular headaches, such as migraines and cluster headaches result from constricted blood vessels. Medications relieve headache temporarily. Long-term use...
Are You Suffering Rebound Headaches?
If you have been suffering from chronic headaches and your headache medication only seems to be making things worse, the chances are that you are suffering from rebound headache. This condition results from overuse of certain drugs like aspirin,...
Severe Headaches -
Introduction - Headache is a very common form of ailment experienced by all at one time or the other. It sometimes becomes a symptom of a range of other conditions (not very serious and serious ones too) right from common cold, flu, hangover to...
Types of headaches:
A headache in the medical terms is also known as cephalgia. The head ache is a condition of mild to awful pain in the head. This pain sometimes attacks the neck or upper back pain may also be referred to as a headache. The headache is among the most...
There are three kinds or levels of burns. It may be either of the first degree or second degree or the third degree. First degree burns blister only affects the outer layers of the skin. They cause or result into pain, redness, and swelling. The...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|