Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
Morning Headaches -
Daily headaches are also known as muscle contraction or chronic daily headache, this is the most universal variety of headache. The majority people will have suffered from tension headaches at some point in their lives and never seek medical...
Dizziness can apparent as lightheadedness, feeling faint, being unsteady on your feet, loss of balance or vertigo. The source of dizziness is generally not serious, and it will quickly resolve on its own or can be treated very simply. ...
The headache pillows are filled with outstanding quality wild ginger fruits, seeds and lemon pepper. Both fragrances unite to a very pleasant scent, which only you will notice, and only when your light pressure on the pillow gently crushes the...
Migraine headache relief
Headaches are an ordinary cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The major challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy...
Migraine Headaches - Are You Suffering From Them?
number of women suffering from migraine is three times more than men. Though any head pain can be miserable, a migraine headache can be disabling. In some cases, these painful headaches can be preceded or accompanied by a sensory warning sign...
Dealing With Pregnancy Headaches
pregnancy but they tend to be most common during the first and third trimesters. It is common for all ladies to feel anxiety about occurrences like headaches during the most important phase of their lives. Thus they can learn all they want to about...
Severe Headaches -
Introduction - Headache is a very common form of ailment experienced by all at one time or the other. It sometimes becomes a symptom of a range of other conditions (not very serious and serious ones too) right from common cold, flu, hangover to...
Sinus Headaches -
What are sinus headaches? Sinuses are the bony, air-filled cavities connecting to the nose through small openings. These openings are blocked due to excess mucous and become infected and congested, when a person suffers from a cold or allergy. Due...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
headache. The visual migraine is a result of decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. The visual migraine is often related with the sensation of a shimmering light in the peripheral vision....
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|