Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
Natural headache relief
Acupressure - A Headache Healer
There must have a time when you had a headache and your friend pressed a spot on your hand which somehow made this headache go away. So did that work? What your friend was using is a very old (about 5,000 years) and widely practiced form of body...
Blurred vision headache
Headaches may be because for any number of reasons including, namely sinus conditions, hypertension, allergies, tumors, hormonal changes, and most frequently, stress. They are not generally associated with problems related to the eyes. Eye-related...
Headache is roughly never located in the brain. There is in fact not much ability at all to sense pain in the mass of the brain - surgeons do for instance not use anesthetics on the brain when they perform brain surgery. Headache is almost forever...
Information On Headaches During Pregnancy
discomforts as it may affect her baby. In such a situation, even headaches during pregnancy are a topic of discussion. Pregnancy headaches are usually witnessed during the beginning of pregnancy due to rise in various hormones and in the third...
The Know-How Of Headaches
are also suffering from headache and its symptoms. This is mainly because of the growing competition, tension and suffering. Below is all the information you need to know about headaches The Pain That Comes With A Headache - The hurt in...
An Overview Of Menstrual Headache
affect 70 percent of these women. A menstrual headache occurs either before, during or immediately after periods, or during ovulation. While, serotonin is the primary hormonal trigger of a headache, some researchers believe that migraine is an...
Morning Headaches -
Chronic morning headaches have become a common feature with the changing lifestyles in the society. They are said to be caused by the sleep disorders like insomnia and sleep apnea (sleep apnea is a condition where people stop breathing many times...
There are three kinds or levels of burns. It may be either of the first degree or second degree or the third degree. First degree burns blister only affects the outer layers of the skin. They cause or result into pain, redness, and swelling. The...
Menstrual Cramps -
About Menstrual Cramps - Menstrual cramps - mild or severe - occur before and / or during the menstrual period and are accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, headache, dizziness or lightheadedness. These may begin 2 or 3 days...
cramps in the body; those cramps are called the period cramps or menstrual cramps. At the time of the menstrual period the women generally get the mild or bad menstrual cramps or pain on the abdomen or back. The degree of the pain in the cramps also...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|