Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
Blurred vision headache
Details about Migraine Headache Symptoms -
Migraine is a neurologic disease, whose most common symptom is an intense and disabling headache. Migraine is the most prevalent type of vascular headache. Migraine headaches are mostly characterized by severe pain on one or both sides of the head,...
Morning Headaches -
Chronic morning headaches have become a common feature with the changing lifestyles in the society. They are said to be caused by the sleep disorders like insomnia and sleep apnea (sleep apnea is a condition where people stop breathing many times...
Are You Suffering Rebound Headaches?
If you have been suffering from chronic headaches and your headache medication only seems to be making things worse, the chances are that you are suffering from rebound headache. This condition results from overuse of certain drugs like aspirin,...
Sinus Headaches -
What are sinus headaches? Sinuses are the bony, air-filled cavities connecting to the nose through small openings. These openings are blocked due to excess mucous and become infected and congested, when a person suffers from a cold or allergy. Due...
Stress: what exactly it is: Stress is a feeling that's created when our body reacts to particular events. Stress involves the body's way of rising to a challenge and preparing to meet a tough situation with focus, strength, stamina, and heightened...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
Body cramps are throbbing, brief muscle cramps. Muscles may spasm or jerk unwillingly. Body cramps can transpire during exercise or work in a hot environment or begin a few hours later. Body cramps generally involve muscles that are fatigued by...
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
Understanding Hemiplegic migraine
Before understanding a Hemiplegic Migraine, one must understand the fact that Migraine attacks are episodic manifestations of a genetic neurological disease and that Migraine can be present in a variety of ways. Hemiplegic Migraine is a rare form of...
headache. The visual migraine is a result of decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. The visual migraine is often related with the sensation of a shimmering light in the peripheral vision....
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|