Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
American headache society
The American Headache Society (AHS) is an expert society of health care providers dedicated to the study and treatment of headache and face pain. American Headache Society brings together physicians and other fitness providers from various fields...
The headache pillows are filled with outstanding quality wild ginger fruits, seeds and lemon pepper. Both fragrances unite to a very pleasant scent, which only you will notice, and only when your light pressure on the pillow gently crushes the...
Hypertension Headaches -
Introduction - Hypertension (also called high blood pressure) can be the cause of heart attacks and strokes. It is a silent killer as it is does not show any obvious symptoms. It can also cause headaches, however the blood pressure has to be...
Migraine headache relief
Headaches are an ordinary cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The major challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy...
Natural headache relief
The greater parts of headaches are caused by tension, which tightens the muscles in the head. Vascular headaches, such as migraines and cluster headaches result from constricted blood vessels. Medications relieve headache temporarily. Long-term use...
Are You Suffering Rebound Headaches?
If you have been suffering from chronic headaches and your headache medication only seems to be making things worse, the chances are that you are suffering from rebound headache. This condition results from overuse of certain drugs like aspirin,...
Sinus Headache Relief -
Sinus Headaches - The small spaces in the facial bones below the facial skin are called sinuses. These spaces are found in the nasal region, the temples and the area around the eyes. When these spaces become infected resulting in the...
Blister on penis
Herpes is a contagious infection that's caused by the herpes simplex virus. One type of the virus - herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) - can lead to cold sores around the mouth. An infection of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV2) can lead to genital...
Body cramps are throbbing, brief muscle cramps. Muscles may spasm or jerk unwillingly. Body cramps can transpire during exercise or work in a hot environment or begin a few hours later. Body cramps generally involve muscles that are fatigued by...
Neck Cramps -
Cramps and Neck Cramps - A cramp is a painful, unpleasant sensation that is caused due to the contraction of muscles. They can be caused due to cold, overexertion, and illness or poisoning. There are two main causes of cramp - inadequate...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|