Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
Caffeine & its sources: Caffeine is form of plant alkaloid which is found in a wide variety of numerous plants most common of which are coffee, tea, and cocoa to some extent. Other plants such as the Yerba mate and the Guarana, which are used...
Headache is roughly never located in the brain. There is in fact not much ability at all to sense pain in the mass of the brain - surgeons do for instance not use anesthetics on the brain when they perform brain surgery. Headache is almost forever...
Daily headaches are also known as muscle contraction or chronic daily headache, this is the most universal variety of headache. The majority people will have suffered from tension headaches at some point in their lives and never seek medical...
Headaches are a common cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The main challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy most...
Headache Remedies -
Introduction - Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary. People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain...
A clinical trial is a research study that is designed to answer a specific scientific question. Clinical trials are used to answer questions about new therapies, drugs, or new ways of using known treatments. Trials are conducted to determine whether...
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
Neck Cramps -
Cramps and Neck Cramps - A cramp is a painful, unpleasant sensation that is caused due to the contraction of muscles. They can be caused due to cold, overexertion, and illness or poisoning. There are two main causes of cramp - inadequate...
By endometriosis biopsy I'm guessing you mean an endometrial biopsy, a test in which the doctor inserts a small device through the cervix into the uterine cavity in order to get a taster of the uterine lining tissue. An endometrial biopsy does not...
headache. The visual migraine is a result of decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. The visual migraine is often related with the sensation of a shimmering light in the peripheral vision....
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|