Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested.
Treatment for sinus headaches -
Treatment involves reducing the swelling in the sinuses region, the inflammation and the pain, and improving the drainage system in the nasal area. Some of the treatment methods that can be adopted are -
1. It is essential to breathe humidified air. The dry air environment can be humidified using any one of these - A steam vaporizer, cool-mist humidifier, steam from a basin of hot water or steam from hot shower water.
2. A hot compress has to be placed on the affected area, across the sinuses region for three minutes and a cold compress for around thirty seconds. This process has to be repeated thrice and has to be taken 2 to 6 times in a day.
3. Nasal Irrigation is done to cleanse the sinuses and other affected areas of mucous, pollutants, bacteria, virus, dirt and irritants to reduce the swelling, inflammation and the pain and improves the drainage in the nasal passage. Many nasal rinse products are available over the counters of drug stores, however, physician, preferably an ENT specialist has to be consulted to determine which would be the best for a person and how to use it.
4. Medications like the pain relievers containing aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen or a combination of any of these are available on the counters of the drug stores. One has to be careful enough is choosing the best pain reliever that suits him / her.
5. Decongestants and Antihistamines can be used to fight the allergens causing the sinus headaches. In some severe cases, nasal steroid sprays are used for the treatment.
6. In China, Magnolia flower is used in clearing the stuffed sinus and nasal regions. Other herbs like angelica, mint, chrysanthemum are also used to treat the infections in the respiratory tract, especially the upper part of the tract.
7. If the condition gets worse, it is advisable to consult an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist and have a CT scan made. If it is chronic sinusitis, allergy testing and desensitization is done to treat it. If it is acute sinusitis, antibiotics and decongestants are used or in extreme cases endoscopic or image guided surgery is done.
Is your child suffering from child headache?
Acupressure - A Headache Healer
There must have a time when you had a headache and your friend pressed a spot on your hand which somehow made this headache go away. So did that work? What your friend was using is a very old (about 5,000 years) and widely practiced form of body...
Cluster headaches - the details
Cluster headaches are headaches where the suffer experiences attacks come in groups. The pain arrives with little, if any, warning, and this type of headache has been described as the most severe and intense of all headaches. Generally, it lasts...
Headache is roughly never located in the brain. There is in fact not much ability at all to sense pain in the mass of the brain - surgeons do for instance not use anesthetics on the brain when they perform brain surgery. Headache is almost forever...
Dehydration Headache -
What is Dehydration? It can be explained as the removal of the water from the body. It can turn out to be a serious and life threatening condition when the water content in the body required for the normal body functioning falls short of the...
The over-the-counter and prescription medications that are used to treat migraine pain fall into two general categories: those for use during an attack and those that help prevent attacks. A sufferer may need to take different medications to address...
Headache Remedies -
Introduction - Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary. People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain...
Dealing With Pregnancy Headaches
pregnancy but they tend to be most common during the first and third trimesters. It is common for all ladies to feel anxiety about occurrences like headaches during the most important phase of their lives. Thus they can learn all they want to about...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
Swollen ankles, feet and legs, in medical terms is known as edema, occur when fluid is retained in the spaces between body cells. While edema classically affects the feet, ankles and lower legs, it can also impact any area of the body, causing...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|