Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
Cough Headaches -
American headache society
The American Headache Society (AHS) is an expert society of health care providers dedicated to the study and treatment of headache and face pain. American Headache Society brings together physicians and other fitness providers from various fields...
Blurred vision headache
Headaches may be because for any number of reasons including, namely sinus conditions, hypertension, allergies, tumors, hormonal changes, and most frequently, stress. They are not generally associated with problems related to the eyes. Eye-related...
The normal headaches are often referred by the people as tension headaches or stress headaches. Basically, the medical term for these kinds of headaches is tension-type headaches. These kinds of headaches are different to migraine headaches, which...
Daily headaches are also known as muscle contraction or chronic daily headache, this is the most universal variety of headache. The majority people will have suffered from tension headaches at some point in their lives and never seek medical...
Headaches are one of the most common health complaints. Some possible causes include tension, infection, allergy, injury, hunger, changes in the flow of blood in the vessels of the head, or exposure to chemicals. Most headaches that occur without...
A clinical trial is a research study that is designed to answer a specific scientific question. Clinical trials are used to answer questions about new therapies, drugs, or new ways of using known treatments. Trials are conducted to determine whether...
Severe Headaches -
Introduction - Headache is a very common form of ailment experienced by all at one time or the other. It sometimes becomes a symptom of a range of other conditions (not very serious and serious ones too) right from common cold, flu, hangover to...
Sinus Headaches -
What are sinus headaches? Sinuses are the bony, air-filled cavities connecting to the nose through small openings. These openings are blocked due to excess mucous and become infected and congested, when a person suffers from a cold or allergy. Due...
Nocturnal Leg Cramps -
Nocturnal leg cramps also called leg cramps, muscle tightness of the leg, muscle hardness, nocturnal leg pain, or Charley-horse are painful, unpleasant sensations occurring due to tightness or tension in the muscles, usually the calves or sometimes...
headache. The visual migraine is a result of decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. The visual migraine is often related with the sensation of a shimmering light in the peripheral vision....
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|