Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
Caffeine & its sources: Caffeine is form of plant alkaloid which is found in a wide variety of numerous plants most common of which are coffee, tea, and cocoa to some extent. Other plants such as the Yerba mate and the Guarana, which are used...
Dizziness can apparent as lightheadedness, feeling faint, being unsteady on your feet, loss of balance or vertigo. The source of dizziness is generally not serious, and it will quickly resolve on its own or can be treated very simply. ...
The over-the-counter and prescription medications that are used to treat migraine pain fall into two general categories: those for use during an attack and those that help prevent attacks. A sufferer may need to take different medications to address...
The Headache Rack comes in two styles, namely, the 2 Inch or the Hauler. Both styles are made of heavy-duty square tubing, full louvered or window cut with louvers. The Headache Racks must be installed with short or long rails. Ranch Hand's...
A clinical trial is a research study that is designed to answer a specific scientific question. Clinical trials are used to answer questions about new therapies, drugs, or new ways of using known treatments. Trials are conducted to determine whether...
An Overview Of Menstrual Headache
affect 70 percent of these women. A menstrual headache occurs either before, during or immediately after periods, or during ovulation. While, serotonin is the primary hormonal trigger of a headache, some researchers believe that migraine is an...
Migraine headache relief
Headaches are an ordinary cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The major challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy...
Sinus Headaches -
What are sinus headaches? Sinuses are the bony, air-filled cavities connecting to the nose through small openings. These openings are blocked due to excess mucous and become infected and congested, when a person suffers from a cold or allergy. Due...
Bad breath sinus
Sinus conditions can have an effect on the quality of a person's breath. Upper respiratory infections and allergies can both promote the flow of postnasal drip onto the back portion of a person's tongue by way of an opening in the area of a person's...
headache. The visual migraine is a result of decreased blood flow to the occipital cortex, or that portion of the brain associated with vision. The visual migraine is often related with the sensation of a shimmering light in the peripheral vision....
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|