Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
Acupressure - A Headache Healer
There must have a time when you had a headache and your friend pressed a spot on your hand which somehow made this headache go away. So did that work? What your friend was using is a very old (about 5,000 years) and widely practiced form of body...
Usually, the first medications recommended by doctors to treat headache pain are pain relievers. Many of these medications are available over-the-counter, without a doctor's prescription. Other medications require a prescription. When taking these...
The headache pillows are filled with outstanding quality wild ginger fruits, seeds and lemon pepper. Both fragrances unite to a very pleasant scent, which only you will notice, and only when your light pressure on the pillow gently crushes the...
Learn about what causes migrain headaches
Though there is much about migraine headaches that is still not understood, some researchers think that the cause of a migraine may be functional changes in the trigeminal nerve system, a major pain pathway in our nervous system, and by imbalances...
Treating your migraine headache
in the market. Also, many drugs commonly used for treating other conditions help to relieve migraines in some people. All these medications and treatments fall into two classes - 1. Pain-relieving medications which help to stop pain once it has...
Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus Headaches - Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested. Treatment for sinus headaches - Treatment involves reducing the swelling...
What causes headaches?
Headache & its common causes: Medically termed as cephalgia headache is a condition in which a person may undergo mild to severe pain in the head and sometimes neck or upper back pain may also be interpreted as a headache. Headaches may origin...
There are three kinds or levels of burns. It may be either of the first degree or second degree or the third degree. First degree burns blister only affects the outer layers of the skin. They cause or result into pain, redness, and swelling. The...
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
Nocturnal Leg Cramps -
Nocturnal leg cramps also called leg cramps, muscle tightness of the leg, muscle hardness, nocturnal leg pain, or Charley-horse are painful, unpleasant sensations occurring due to tightness or tension in the muscles, usually the calves or sometimes...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|