Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
Stomach bad breath
Blurred vision headache
Headaches may be because for any number of reasons including, namely sinus conditions, hypertension, allergies, tumors, hormonal changes, and most frequently, stress. They are not generally associated with problems related to the eyes. Eye-related...
Daily headaches are also known as muscle contraction or chronic daily headache, this is the most universal variety of headache. The majority people will have suffered from tension headaches at some point in their lives and never seek medical...
Migraine Headaches - Are You Suffering From Them?
number of women suffering from migraine is three times more than men. Though any head pain can be miserable, a migraine headache can be disabling. In some cases, these painful headaches can be preceded or accompanied by a sensory warning sign...
Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus Headaches - Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested. Treatment for sinus headaches - Treatment involves reducing the swelling...
Blister on penis
Herpes is a contagious infection that's caused by the herpes simplex virus. One type of the virus - herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) - can lead to cold sores around the mouth. An infection of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV2) can lead to genital...
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
Menstrual Cramps -
About Menstrual Cramps - Menstrual cramps - mild or severe - occur before and / or during the menstrual period and are accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, headache, dizziness or lightheadedness. These may begin 2 or 3 days...
During a woman's menstrual cycle, changes take place in the body that can trigger painful cramping, mood swings, and many other symptoms. As every woman is different, no single treatment effectively relieves all PMS symptoms in all women....
Understanding Hemiplegic migraine
Before understanding a Hemiplegic Migraine, one must understand the fact that Migraine attacks are episodic manifestations of a genetic neurological disease and that Migraine can be present in a variety of ways. Hemiplegic Migraine is a rare form of...
Swollen ankles, feet and legs, in medical terms is known as edema, occur when fluid is retained in the spaces between body cells. While edema classically affects the feet, ankles and lower legs, it can also impact any area of the body, causing...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|