Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
American headache society
Blurred vision headache
Headaches may be because for any number of reasons including, namely sinus conditions, hypertension, allergies, tumors, hormonal changes, and most frequently, stress. They are not generally associated with problems related to the eyes. Eye-related...
Cough Headaches -
Introduction - Cough Headache can be caused by cough; sneeze or bending, when the blood pressure in the veins in the head increases and the pain may be sharp or stabbing usually on both the sides of the head and at the back of the skull. These...
Dehydration Headache -
What is Dehydration? It can be explained as the removal of the water from the body. It can turn out to be a serious and life threatening condition when the water content in the body required for the normal body functioning falls short of the...
Dizziness can apparent as lightheadedness, feeling faint, being unsteady on your feet, loss of balance or vertigo. The source of dizziness is generally not serious, and it will quickly resolve on its own or can be treated very simply. ...
Eyestrain Headaches -
Headaches and eyestrain - Introduction - There are different causes and reasons for headaches. Eyestrain is one of the most common causes of headaches, especially at work places. These headaches can be commonly seen in people who are doing any...
Usually, the first medications recommended by doctors to treat headache pain are pain relievers. Many of these medications are available over-the-counter, without a doctor's prescription. Other medications require a prescription. When taking these...
Migraine Headaches - Are You Suffering From Them?
number of women suffering from migraine is three times more than men. Though any head pain can be miserable, a migraine headache can be disabling. In some cases, these painful headaches can be preceded or accompanied by a sensory warning sign...
The most common types of headaches are also the most effectively treated with chiropractic care without the need for potentially harmful medication. Stress headaches, migraine headaches and sinus headaches top the list and account for the great...
Sinus Headache Relief -
Sinus Headaches - The small spaces in the facial bones below the facial skin are called sinuses. These spaces are found in the nasal region, the temples and the area around the eyes. When these spaces become infected resulting in the...
Are You Suffering From Heat Cramps?
Generally, heat cramps can be called as painful, brief muscle cramps wherein the muscles may spasm or jerk involuntarily. Heat cramps may occur during exercise or work in a hot environment or they may start a few hours later. Heat cramps mostly...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|