Headache Remedies -
Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary.
People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain relievers. However, the natural remedies for headaches are gaining are more popular as they provide a very safe and effective way to relieve headaches.
Cluster Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Melatonin for reducing the severity and frequency of the headaches. An herb, Cayenne also relieves the headache.
Migraine Headaches -
Nutrition supplements like Magnesium (helps in reducing frequency of migraines), Vitamin B2 (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and 5-HTP (for reducing the frequency and severity of migraines) and Herbs like Feverfew (reduces severity, duration, and frequency) and Ginkgo Biloba will help.
Tension Headaches -
Nutritional supplements like L-5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (reduces the frequency and severity) and herbs like peppermint oil (has relaxing, pain relieving effect) will help.
Home Remedies -
Some other remedies listed below can also be tried -
1. If not working, you can take a short break from work, get home and lie down and relax.
2. Switching off all the lights and relaxing in dark helps release the headache. Lights (particularly very bright or fluorescent ones) are said to cause migraine headaches.
3. Headaches may also result from stale and stagnant air. Taking a break from work and taking quick walk or a stroll in a park or garden, helps as fresh air releases headache.
4. Using a pain reliever like aspirin or anything that suits you (but as per the doctor's prescriptions) also helps
5. Some people are used to treat headaches with coffee, caffeine or other drinks. Chocolate is also said to relieve headache.
6. Many people feel meditation is a very effective way of treating headaches as it is an easy and natural way.
7. Candles lighted around the home and some meditation helps you feel relaxed and relieve the headache.
8. There are some natural oils that act as pain relievers like mint, eucalptus, or rosemary. Headache and pain reliever "bags" filled with natural healing ingredients and herbs and heated in a microwave also helps.
9. A head massage or a complete body massage is a natural way to treat headaches.
10. Soft and soothing type of music relaxes body and mind and relieves the headache.
Dehydration Headache -
What is Dehydration? It can be explained as the removal of the water from the body. It can turn out to be a serious and life threatening condition when the water content in the body required for the normal body functioning falls short of the...
Eyestrain Headaches -
Headaches and eyestrain - Introduction - There are different causes and reasons for headaches. Eyestrain is one of the most common causes of headaches, especially at work places. These headaches can be commonly seen in people who are doing any...
Headaches are a common cause of suffering, but all headaches are not created equal. The main challenge to affording relief from various forms of cephalgia, or head pain, is categorizing a headache by type, and then proceeding with the therapy most...
Headache Remedies -
Introduction - Headache is the most common ailment that almost all suffer from at on point of time or other. They can be of two types - primary and secondary. People may opt for man-made (home remedies) drugs for headaches or pain...
Headaches in children - a growing worry
children have migraine headaches and many adults with headaches started having their headaches as children, with around 20% of these reporting the onset before the age of 10 years. Another important thing to note is that most headaches in children...
An Overview Of Menstrual Headache
affect 70 percent of these women. A menstrual headache occurs either before, during or immediately after periods, or during ovulation. While, serotonin is the primary hormonal trigger of a headache, some researchers believe that migraine is an...
Sinus Headache Treatment -
Sinus Headaches - Sinus headaches occur when the air-filled, bony cavities connecting to the nose get blocked due to excess mucous and get infected and congested. Treatment for sinus headaches - Treatment involves reducing the swelling...
Stress: what exactly it is: Stress is a feeling that's created when our body reacts to particular events. Stress involves the body's way of rising to a challenge and preparing to meet a tough situation with focus, strength, stamina, and heightened...
Spider bite blisters
There are at least 50,000 spider species in the arachnid family. Spiders are defined as having eight jointed legs, no wings, no antennae and only two body sections: the thorax and the abdomen. Spiders spend their entire life span capturing and...
Swollen ankles, feet and legs, in medical terms is known as edema, occur when fluid is retained in the spaces between body cells. While edema classically affects the feet, ankles and lower legs, it can also impact any area of the body, causing...
|© headache-type.tdrbizl.com 2006|