Bee sting first aid


The sting of a wasp is unlike from the typical honey bee sting in that the latter leaves the stinger attached with the venom sac within the victim. The two greatest risks from nearly all insect stings are allergic reaction which occasionally, in some individuals could be fatal and infection more common and less serious. Symptoms of a bee sting are generally there is immediate pain and swelling. There are some who can have severe allergic reactions characterized by difficulty breathing, hives, itching, and swelling over the body. The redness and swelling can often cover a huge area of skin that can last for up to 48 hours. These great reactions do not necessarily mean it is an allergic reaction.

Treatment to be conducted:

If you have been stung by a bee, one should follow these instructions. Bees go away leaving behind a stinger attached to a venom sac. Do not try to pull it out as this may discharge more venom; instead gently scrape it. Wash the area cautiously with soap and water. This should be continued numerous times a day until the skin is healed. Apply a cold or ice pack, wrapped in cloth for few minutes. Apply a paste of baking soda and water and let it be for 15 to 20 minutes. Take acetaminophen for ache. Other remedies for pain and itching may consist of dabbing on a tiny amount of household ammonia. Over-the-counter products which contain ammonia are also obtainable for insect stings. Use an antihistamine, such as Benadryl or topical hydrocortisone ointment for the itching, if your doctor agrees. Be sure to follow dosage information for children. Seek instant medical attention if you are stung in the mouth or nose as swelling may block airways. Also seek emergency care if any of the following symptoms are present, as these could indicate an allergic reaction. If there are large areas of swelling, abnormal breathing, tightness in throat or chest, dizziness, hives (red splotches), fainting, nausea or vomiting, persistent pain or swelling.
Conclusion:

If any symptoms of an allergic reaction grow, the stung area should be kept below the level of the heart, and urgent medical help should be called for immediately. One should wear light-colored clothing as it attracts fewer bees than dark clothing. Rub the stinger out from the stung area, never squeeze or pull out the stinger. Persons with severe allergic reactions to insect stings should consider wearing a medical ID bracelet and carrying an insect allergy kit where suitable.

Industrial first aid kit:
accidents are miles above what one may experience in a typical household accident. The fact is that many industries work with chemicals, solvents, and heavy machinery, an industrial first aid kit needs to be customized and enhanced to the specific...

Spider bite first aid kit:
Signs and symptoms of an insect bite results from the injection of venom or other substances into the skin. The venom triggers allergic reaction. The severity of the reaction depends on your sensitivity to the insect venom or substance. Most...

Where to keep a first aid at home:
We should keep a well-stocked first-aid kit in the house where we should get it within easy reach, and it. Also be sure to bring a first-aid kit on family vacations. is a necessity in every home. To have the supplies gathered ahead of time will help...

First Aid
© first-aid.tdrbizl.com 2006