Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders are mainly new-age diseases. Some of the major characteristics of eating disorders is that individuals suffer from eating maladies like over-eating or under-eating, purging, binge-eating and other related problems. Individuals suffer from eating disorders not just physically but even psychologically.
Effects of Eating Disorders:
There are several eating disorders which have immense ill-effects on individuals. Some of the important effects are as follows:
1) Individuals suffering from eating disorders always feel unwell- physically and mentally.
2) Thus the quality of life too is severely affected.
3) Eating disorder can cause constipation.
4) Eating disorder can also cause infections.
5) Individuals also suffer from stomach ache due to eating disorder.
6) Low pulse and anemia are some of the other effects caused by it.
7) Eating disorders also lead to kidney damage.
8) It can cause cardiovascular disorders and also lead to shortage of skeletal calcium.
9) One of the major aspects of eating disorders is people often induce vomiting after meals. This can cause damage to teeth, shortage of minerals and enlarged salivary glands.
10) People use laxatives which cause obstacles in the normal functioning of stomach, stomach ulcers and heart rhythm problems.
11) It can cause permanent damage to the body as a result of strict diet and lack of essential calories and proteins.
12) Other very important effects of eating disorders are amenorrhea (interruption in menstrual cycle), red blood cell diminution, and osteoporosis: loss of bone density, muscular weakness, insomnia, hair loss, and body hair increase and skin dryness.
13) Obesity can increase the risk of diabetes, respiratory disorders, bilary calculosis, arterial hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, arthrosis of backbone and of lower limbs, nocturnal apnoea, drop in the level of hormones and even cancer.
However, apart from these effects there are other psychological effects of eating disorders. Also some of the effects can also be such that they are of a completely different nature and till now have not been seen or observed.
This shows that eating disorders can destroy the whole fabric of the life of an individual. It affects the well-being of the individual in a profound way. Thus individuals must follow a regular and a balanced and nutritious diet along with regular exercises.
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
Athlete and Eating Disorder
disorders continue to be on the rise among athletes, especially those involved in sports that place great emphasis on to be thin and lean. Sports such as gymnastics, figure skating, dancing and synchronized swimming have a higher percentage of...
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Eating disorders in ballet dancers:
many are aware of the lengths to which these dancers go to in order to keep themselves looking that way. Eating disorders and body weight: Ballet dancers are constant weight watchers. They can get quite panicky if they put on even a bit more...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Eating Disorders Treatment- Finding Ways of Healthy Eating!
A person can remain happy, contented and can lead a normal life only when his basic needs are satisfied. Food is, of course, a basic requirement. But when food itself becomes a problem factor for an individual then it can have adverse effects on the...
Help for Eating disorder:
Eating disorders hampers body's normal functioning causes long-term health problems. Eating disorders involve disturbances in eating, such as: 1) Not eating enough, starving or limiting calories to very low level. 2) Eating low Calorie food at...
History of Eating Disorders -
An overview of Eating Disorder - What is it? A condition involving serious problem behaviors regarding food is called an 'Eating Disorder', leading to adoption of harmful food habits. It may be of any type - under-eating, over-eating,...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Male Eating Disorders -
Types of Eating Disorders - Usually men suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa; however there are also cases of Binge Eating Disorder among men who describe themselves as compulsive eaters. Facts and Figures - In today's...
Societal pressures eating disorders
Man is a social animal. Every person has three facets to his perosna, one that he knows about himself, another is what others know about him, and the third is what he wants others to know about him. The last said, is the cause of all kinds societal...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|