Eating Disorders Treatment- Finding Ways of Healthy Eating!
Eating Disorder can have several aspects, wherein, an individual can show anorexic and bulimic tendencies, indulge in binge eating, suffer from problems like over-eating or purging after having meals, have problems consuming meals or such other related problems. Individuals can suffer from food-related phobias.
Treatment for Eating Disorders:
There can be several easy of treating eating disorders. The treatment mainly depends on the nature and degree of the disorder that an individual is suffering and can differ from person to person. Some of the ways of treatment are as follows:
1) If a person is suffering from anorexia which is mainly characterized by under-eating and very low calorie-intake, then the first step in its treatment is restoration of the weight that has been lost due to dieting and purging. The next step is treating psychological troubles like low self-esteem, distorted body images.
2) If a person is suffering from bulimia, then he must undergo a treatment wherein he must first be stopped from binge-eating and purging.
3) Individuals must first begin a nutritional and balanced diet.
4) They must be encouraged to indulge in optimum exercises and must refrain from over-exercising.
5) Individuals can also be given psychological treatments for changing their attitude towards eating and also treat anxiety or mood disorders. Individual psychotherapy or group psychotherapy uses a cognitive behaviour approach of treatment which can be very useful.
6) To treat bulimia medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can prove to be useful for people.
7) Individuals must monitor their progress at regular time-intervals.
8) Counseling can also help a great deal in treating eating disorders.
Eating disorders need to be treated with a great amount of determination. The individuals must first learn to accept their illness and make positive moves in the right direction to overcome the illness.
Help for Eating disorder:
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Celebrities with Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is not the bane of common people. It affects celebrities too. Recent surveys and reviews have celebrities talking about how once upon a time before they became celebrities, they faced eating disorders in their lives, and how they...
Facts about eating disorder:
An eating disorder is a compulsion in which the main problem is a person eats in a way which disturbs their physical health. The eating may be too excessive (compulsive over-eating), too limited (restricting), may include normal eating punctuated...
History of Eating Disorders -
An overview of Eating Disorder - What is it? A condition involving serious problem behaviors regarding food is called an 'Eating Disorder', leading to adoption of harmful food habits. It may be of any type - under-eating, over-eating,...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Male Eating Disorders -
Types of Eating Disorders - Usually men suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa; however there are also cases of Binge Eating Disorder among men who describe themselves as compulsive eaters. Facts and Figures - In today's...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Fetal Heart Monitor: Hear Your Baby's Heartbeat; know that it's safe and happy
In pregnancy both the health of the mother and the fetus is of equal importance. As for the condition of the fetus it can be detected only with the help of certain processes like scanning and fetal heart monitor which makes it possible to hear the...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|