Eating Disorders Treatment- Finding Ways of Healthy Eating!
Eating Disorder can have several aspects, wherein, an individual can show anorexic and bulimic tendencies, indulge in binge eating, suffer from problems like over-eating or purging after having meals, have problems consuming meals or such other related problems. Individuals can suffer from food-related phobias.
Treatment for Eating Disorders:
There can be several easy of treating eating disorders. The treatment mainly depends on the nature and degree of the disorder that an individual is suffering and can differ from person to person. Some of the ways of treatment are as follows:
1) If a person is suffering from anorexia which is mainly characterized by under-eating and very low calorie-intake, then the first step in its treatment is restoration of the weight that has been lost due to dieting and purging. The next step is treating psychological troubles like low self-esteem, distorted body images.
2) If a person is suffering from bulimia, then he must undergo a treatment wherein he must first be stopped from binge-eating and purging.
3) Individuals must first begin a nutritional and balanced diet.
4) They must be encouraged to indulge in optimum exercises and must refrain from over-exercising.
5) Individuals can also be given psychological treatments for changing their attitude towards eating and also treat anxiety or mood disorders. Individual psychotherapy or group psychotherapy uses a cognitive behaviour approach of treatment which can be very useful.
6) To treat bulimia medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can prove to be useful for people.
7) Individuals must monitor their progress at regular time-intervals.
8) Counseling can also help a great deal in treating eating disorders.
Eating disorders need to be treated with a great amount of determination. The individuals must first learn to accept their illness and make positive moves in the right direction to overcome the illness.
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
Bulimia eating disorders:
Bulimia is a serious, potentially life-threatening eating disorder characterized by overeating within a short period of time and then purging to get rid of the calories consumed. Men and women who live with Bulimia bring about binge and purge...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Celebrities with Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is not the bane of common people. It affects celebrities too. Recent surveys and reviews have celebrities talking about how once upon a time before they became celebrities, they faced eating disorders in their lives, and how they...
Eating disorders in ballet dancers:
many are aware of the lengths to which these dancers go to in order to keep themselves looking that way. Eating disorders and body weight: Ballet dancers are constant weight watchers. They can get quite panicky if they put on even a bit more...
Gymnastics eating disorders:
Eating disorders are found in all sports; sports that emphasize leanness for performance and appearance are at a significantly greater risk. Hence, gymnasts, long-distance runners, divers, and figure skaters are more prone to developing eating...
Help for Eating disorder:
Eating disorders hampers body's normal functioning causes long-term health problems. Eating disorders involve disturbances in eating, such as: 1) Not eating enough, starving or limiting calories to very low level. 2) Eating low Calorie food at...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
Societal pressures eating disorders
Man is a social animal. Every person has three facets to his perosna, one that he knows about himself, another is what others know about him, and the third is what he wants others to know about him. The last said, is the cause of all kinds societal...
Types of Eating Disorders -
Basics of an Eating Disorder - Individuals suffering from an Eating Disorder adopt harmful eating habits which disturb their physical health. It is a syndrome, an illness, usually occurring in teenage girls and women, but can be found in men...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|