Bulimia eating disorders:
1. Poor body image
4. Major life events or stresses
5. A genetic predisposition
1. Bulimics often are of normal weight or overweight because they eat a lot.
2. Reuses Company while eating alone and the time period after eating, to allow for purging.
3. Eating unusually large amounts of food with no apparent change in weight.
4. Frequent trips to the bathroom after meals, signs and/or smells of vomiting, evidence of laxatives or diuretics.
5. Excessive, rigid exercise regimen.
6. Preoccupation with body weight, weight loss, dieting, and control of food.
7. A poor Body Image.
9. Severe self-criticism.
11. Discolored or callused finger joints-inserting fingers down the throat to induce vomiting can damage the outer surfaces of the hand.
12. Constipation and diarrhea.
13. Mouth Ulcers
Types of Bulimia:
The two types of bulimia are classified by how the person reacts after the binge eating.
The Purging type of bulimia is when after binge-eating person induces vomiting or uses a diuretic, laxative, or enema to purge food from the body.
The Nonpurging type of bulimia is when the person does not induce vomiting, but instead fasts or engages in excessive exercise to use up calories.
Complications of Starving:
If not stopped, starving can lead to irreversible physical damage and even death. Medical problems, which can arise, are listed below:
1. Irregular heartbeat, cardiac arrest, death
2. Kidney damage, renal failure, death
3. Liver damage
4. Loss of muscle mass. Broomstick arms and legs.
5. Permanent loss of bone mass. Fractures, Osteoporosis, and hump.
6. Low immunity.
7. Anemia, malnutrition. Disruption of body's fluid/mineral balance.
8. Fainting spells, sleep disruption, bad dreams, and mental fuzziness.
Fortunately, treatment is available for eating disorders. The most common element surrounding Eating Disorders is the inherent presence of a low self-esteem. Thus treatment consists of Counseling, treating physical problem, Psychotherapy. The goal of mental health treatment is to provide a support system and end the isolation and shame commonly felt by patients
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
1. It involves changing responses to stressful situations, and learning to cope with situation rather than use food as a first resort.
2. Helps in changing self-perception about body shape and weight.
1. Focuses on improving relationships with family and friends
Family therapy: Involves family and teaches to cope with situation.
Anti-depressants: Drugs to help alleviate sadness and despair.
Self-help groups: People suffering from same problems come together and help to overcome the problem by sharing
Celebrities with Eating Disorders
Athlete and Eating Disorder
disorders continue to be on the rise among athletes, especially those involved in sports that place great emphasis on to be thin and lean. Sports such as gymnastics, figure skating, dancing and synchronized swimming have a higher percentage of...
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Bulimia eating disorders:
Bulimia is a serious, potentially life-threatening eating disorder characterized by overeating within a short period of time and then purging to get rid of the calories consumed. Men and women who live with Bulimia bring about binge and purge...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Facts about eating disorder:
An eating disorder is a compulsion in which the main problem is a person eats in a way which disturbs their physical health. The eating may be too excessive (compulsive over-eating), too limited (restricting), may include normal eating punctuated...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Types of Eating Disorders -
Basics of an Eating Disorder - Individuals suffering from an Eating Disorder adopt harmful eating habits which disturb their physical health. It is a syndrome, an illness, usually occurring in teenage girls and women, but can be found in men...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|