Bulimia eating disorders:
1. Poor body image
4. Major life events or stresses
5. A genetic predisposition
1. Bulimics often are of normal weight or overweight because they eat a lot.
2. Reuses Company while eating alone and the time period after eating, to allow for purging.
3. Eating unusually large amounts of food with no apparent change in weight.
4. Frequent trips to the bathroom after meals, signs and/or smells of vomiting, evidence of laxatives or diuretics.
5. Excessive, rigid exercise regimen.
6. Preoccupation with body weight, weight loss, dieting, and control of food.
7. A poor Body Image.
9. Severe self-criticism.
11. Discolored or callused finger joints-inserting fingers down the throat to induce vomiting can damage the outer surfaces of the hand.
12. Constipation and diarrhea.
13. Mouth Ulcers
Types of Bulimia:
The two types of bulimia are classified by how the person reacts after the binge eating.
The Purging type of bulimia is when after binge-eating person induces vomiting or uses a diuretic, laxative, or enema to purge food from the body.
The Nonpurging type of bulimia is when the person does not induce vomiting, but instead fasts or engages in excessive exercise to use up calories.
Complications of Starving:
If not stopped, starving can lead to irreversible physical damage and even death. Medical problems, which can arise, are listed below:
1. Irregular heartbeat, cardiac arrest, death
2. Kidney damage, renal failure, death
3. Liver damage
4. Loss of muscle mass. Broomstick arms and legs.
5. Permanent loss of bone mass. Fractures, Osteoporosis, and hump.
6. Low immunity.
7. Anemia, malnutrition. Disruption of body's fluid/mineral balance.
8. Fainting spells, sleep disruption, bad dreams, and mental fuzziness.
Fortunately, treatment is available for eating disorders. The most common element surrounding Eating Disorders is the inherent presence of a low self-esteem. Thus treatment consists of Counseling, treating physical problem, Psychotherapy. The goal of mental health treatment is to provide a support system and end the isolation and shame commonly felt by patients
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
1. It involves changing responses to stressful situations, and learning to cope with situation rather than use food as a first resort.
2. Helps in changing self-perception about body shape and weight.
1. Focuses on improving relationships with family and friends
Family therapy: Involves family and teaches to cope with situation.
Anti-depressants: Drugs to help alleviate sadness and despair.
Self-help groups: People suffering from same problems come together and help to overcome the problem by sharing
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
Celebrities with Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is not the bane of common people. It affects celebrities too. Recent surveys and reviews have celebrities talking about how once upon a time before they became celebrities, they faced eating disorders in their lives, and how they...
Eating disorders in ballet dancers:
many are aware of the lengths to which these dancers go to in order to keep themselves looking that way. Eating disorders and body weight: Ballet dancers are constant weight watchers. They can get quite panicky if they put on even a bit more...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders have become a grave phenomenon in modern times. With the lifestyles changing drastically, eating disorders is a matter of serious concern. It can have life-threatening consequences on an individual's life. Eating Disorders: ...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Fetal Heart Monitor: Hear Your Baby's Heartbeat; know that it's safe and happy
In pregnancy both the health of the mother and the fetus is of equal importance. As for the condition of the fetus it can be detected only with the help of certain processes like scanning and fetal heart monitor which makes it possible to hear the...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
Treating oily skin:
Importance of skin: The skin is the major limb of our body and up till now most of us do not do an adequate amount of to keep up our skin's health. One of the functions of our skin is to get rid of a segment of the body's waste products all the...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|