Binge Eating Disorders
Causes of Binge eating Disorder:
1. Depression: Up to half of all people with binge eating disorder have a history of depression;
2. Dieting: Chronic dieting may lead to bad eating habits.
3. Coping skills: Many report that anger; sad ness, boredom, worry, or stress leads to trigger a binge episode.
4. Biological: Research indicates metabolism and hormones or enzymes may cause binge attack
1. Recurrent attacks of binge eating- eating in a short period of time a huge amount of food or a serving, which normally people will not consume.
2. Lack of control -Feeling that one does not have control over eating.
3. Distressed after binge attack.
4. Attacks of binge eating often occur twice at least every week.
5. Eats very rapidly while eating.
6. Eating alone is embarrassed of huge diet.
7. Feeling guilty after binge attack.
8. No compensatory behavior (such as vomiting, laxative abuse, or excessive exercise) after bingeing.
A person suffering from Binge Eating Disorder is at Health risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack, stroke, kidney disorder, and arthritis and bone deterioration.
1) Depression leading to self-harm or suicide.
2) Feeling of helplessness.
4) Guilt or shame
5) Feeling of alienation or loneliness
6) Absenteeism at work and school;
7) Preoccupation with appearance
8) Strain on relationships with family and friends
9) Low self esteem
10) Low energy
11) Avoidance of social gatherings
Treatment: Treatment options for binge eating disorder include Psychotherapy, Counseling, and Medicine.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
1) It involves changing responses to stressful situations, and learning to cope with situation rather than use food as a first resort.
2) Helps in changing self-perception about body shape and weight.
1. Focuses on improving relationships with family and friends
Anti-depressants: Drugs to help alleviate sadness and despair,
Self-help groups: People suffering from same problems come together and help to overcome the problem by sharing experiences.
Eating Disorders- Its all about Healthy Eating!
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Gymnastics eating disorders:
Eating disorders are found in all sports; sports that emphasize leanness for performance and appearance are at a significantly greater risk. Hence, gymnasts, long-distance runners, divers, and figure skaters are more prone to developing eating...
Help for Eating disorder:
Eating disorders hampers body's normal functioning causes long-term health problems. Eating disorders involve disturbances in eating, such as: 1) Not eating enough, starving or limiting calories to very low level. 2) Eating low Calorie food at...
Male Eating Disorders -
Types of Eating Disorders - Usually men suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa; however there are also cases of Binge Eating Disorder among men who describe themselves as compulsive eaters. Facts and Figures - In today's...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Types of Eating Disorders -
Basics of an Eating Disorder - Individuals suffering from an Eating Disorder adopt harmful eating habits which disturb their physical health. It is a syndrome, an illness, usually occurring in teenage girls and women, but can be found in men...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|