Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Bad breath products
Bad breath causes
For the majority of people, the single most frequent cause of their breath odor problem is associated with bacteria that live in their mouth. Bacteria, just like humans, go through their lives consuming foods and excreting wastes. The waste products...
Bad breath in toddlers
Healthy children do sometimes have bad breath. If the smell disappears after brushing his teeth or rinsing his mouth, it's normal. Also, keep in mind that what seems like bad breath to you may not be offensive to others. That is said to be normal...
Bad breath solutions
Millions of people suffer with embarrassing bad breath. Bad breath usually originates from one of two sources, namely through certain foods that we eat or by bacteria in our mouths that feed on left over food particles. We eat a meal and then suffer...
Bad breath treatment
Most adults suffer from bad breath intermittently, although it may affect up to a quarter of adults on a regular basis. Bad breath is usually brought on by the breakdown of proteins by bacteria somewhere in the mouth. However, there are several...
Eliminate bad breath
Anything that zaps the romance is a smooch quicker than bad breath. One should follow some steps to eliminate bad breath which often stops the romance. One should practice a good oral hygiene to kill the bacteria that cause bad breath. One should...
Peroxide bad breath
Transient bad breath is a very familiar temporary condition caused by such things as oral dryness, stress, hunger, eating certain foods such as garlic and onions, smoking, and poor oral hygiene. Morning breath is a typical example of transient bad...
Reflux bad breath
Reflux bad breath can be a manifestation of chronic gastro esophageal reflux disease. It is important to review the medications you are taking and your current diet in addition to meticulous oral hygiene. Chronic lung disease, liver failure, uremia...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
Tongue bad breath
The tongue's surface is the main breeding ground for harmful bacteria that attack teeth & gums producing a rotten egg - smelling gases or dragon mouth. Tongue cleaning is necessary, in addition to brushing, for a thorough dislodging of the plaque...
Running cramps influence everyone, including runners that are in shape. Following these tips will help you avoid running cramps. Cramps are connected to many things, including what you eat and how you breathe. But the most vital thing to do is...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|