Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad breath disease
Bad breath is a breath containing an unpleasant odor. This odor can strike periodically or may be persistent, depending on the cause. In many patients, the millions of bacteria that live in the mouth are the primary culprits of bad breath. The...
Bad breath help
Bad breath can extremely be embarrassing for anybody socializing with people. When you've been a little too close to someone with bad breath for your own comfort it is much more embarrassing. Trying to avoid breathing bad too deeply when near a...
Bad breath can lead to embarrassment, create social and psychological barriers, and even affect marriages. Bad breath, or halitosis, can be a major problem, especially when you're about to snuggle with your sweetie or whisper a joke to your friend....
Chronic bad breath
Halitosis is most often caused by the breakdown of food particles by bacteria that inhabit our mouths. These bacteria are often found under plaque, in the spaces between teeth and gums and in the deeper crevices on your tongue. As the bacteria feed...
Peroxide bad breath
Transient bad breath is a very familiar temporary condition caused by such things as oral dryness, stress, hunger, eating certain foods such as garlic and onions, smoking, and poor oral hygiene. Morning breath is a typical example of transient bad...
Preventing bad breath
Brushing and flossing are two of the most crucial elements for attacking bad breath. Bacteria that live on our teeth and gums cause bad breath. These bacteria feast on food particles left on our teeth creating volatile sulfur compounds. These sulfur...
Reasons for bad breath
Breath only smells when certain aromatic chemicals are found dissolved within it. These include methyl mercaptan, hydrogen sulphide and putrescine. Some of these may be absorbed from the bowel into the bloodstream and then circulated around the body...
Throat bad breath
Bad breath is mainly bothersome, as people rarely know they have it unless they are told of it. Yet it can spoil one's social and even economic life. And mouthwashes are not always helpful. When bacteria stagnate, or remain in one place, they get...
Tongue bad breath
The tongue's surface is the main breeding ground for harmful bacteria that attack teeth & gums producing a rotten egg - smelling gases or dragon mouth. Tongue cleaning is necessary, in addition to brushing, for a thorough dislodging of the plaque...
Wisdom teeth bad breath
Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars are the last teeth to erupt. This occurs generally between the ages of seventeen and twenty five. There remains a great deal of disagreement regarding whether or not these teeth need to be removed. It is...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|