Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Eliminate bad breath
Bad breath in toddlers
Healthy children do sometimes have bad breath. If the smell disappears after brushing his teeth or rinsing his mouth, it's normal. Also, keep in mind that what seems like bad breath to you may not be offensive to others. That is said to be normal...
Bad breath problems
Bad breath is the common name for the medical condition known as halitosis. There are many different things that can cause halitosis like it can be caused from not brushing your teeth to certain medical conditions. Sometimes, a person's bad breath...
Bad Breath Symptom -
What is Bad Breath? Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care. Symptoms of Bad Breath - White or Yellow...
Bad breath treatment
Most adults suffer from bad breath intermittently, although it may affect up to a quarter of adults on a regular basis. Bad breath is usually brought on by the breakdown of proteins by bacteria somewhere in the mouth. However, there are several...
Chronic bad breath
Halitosis is most often caused by the breakdown of food particles by bacteria that inhabit our mouths. These bacteria are often found under plaque, in the spaces between teeth and gums and in the deeper crevices on your tongue. As the bacteria feed...
Diet bad breath
Bad breath can enormously be embarrassing. At this stage one always try to avoid breathing too deeply near the social gathering or particularly near a loved one. The morning is perhaps the most normal time to notice the bad breath. It is a major and...
Reflux bad breath
Reflux bad breath can be a manifestation of chronic gastro esophageal reflux disease. It is important to review the medications you are taking and your current diet in addition to meticulous oral hygiene. Chronic lung disease, liver failure, uremia...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
Running cramps influence everyone, including runners that are in shape. Following these tips will help you avoid running cramps. Cramps are connected to many things, including what you eat and how you breathe. But the most vital thing to do is...
An armpit lump means the enlargement of one or more lymph nodes in the armpit. A lump in the armpit is also called as localized lymphadenopathy armpit. Lumps in the armpit have various reasons of its occurrence. Cysts and superficial infections in...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|