Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Post nasal drip bad breath
Bad breath help
Bad breath can extremely be embarrassing for anybody socializing with people. When you've been a little too close to someone with bad breath for your own comfort it is much more embarrassing. Trying to avoid breathing bad too deeply when near a...
Bad breath remedies
There can be many a remedies which help in getting rid of the bad breath. The remedies can be taken from any of the culture. There are remedies provided by originates of the folk culture. According to them apple cider vinegar is considered to be the...
Bad breathe bible
Bad breath is caused by Anaerobic Sulfur Producing Bacteria, which normally live within the surface of the tongue and in the throat. These bacteria are supposed to be there, because they assist humans in digestion by breaking down proteins found in...
Eliminate bad breath
Anything that zaps the romance is a smooch quicker than bad breath. One should follow some steps to eliminate bad breath which often stops the romance. One should practice a good oral hygiene to kill the bacteria that cause bad breath. One should...
Fight bad breath
Many human beings have bad breath now and again. It is a constant or recurring case of bad breath that can offend friends and loved ones and become a real social problem. There are several causes of bad breath and, fortunately, most of them are...
Peroxide bad breath
Transient bad breath is a very familiar temporary condition caused by such things as oral dryness, stress, hunger, eating certain foods such as garlic and onions, smoking, and poor oral hygiene. Morning breath is a typical example of transient bad...
Reasons for bad breath
Breath only smells when certain aromatic chemicals are found dissolved within it. These include methyl mercaptan, hydrogen sulphide and putrescine. Some of these may be absorbed from the bowel into the bloodstream and then circulated around the body...
Stop bad breath
There are many a people all over the world suffering from the universal disease of bad breath. Bad breath is responsible for the embarrassment and destroys relationships with family and friends. It may flatten your confidence and self esteem and may...
Tell someone they have bad breath
Bad breath is most often related to some aspect of oral hygiene. Specifically, it's commonly caused by putrified foods residing somewhere in your mouth, either the teeth or tongue. The food acts as a bacteria growth medium. The bacteria produce...
Throat bad breath
Bad breath is mainly bothersome, as people rarely know they have it unless they are told of it. Yet it can spoil one's social and even economic life. And mouthwashes are not always helpful. When bacteria stagnate, or remain in one place, they get...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|