Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Eliminate bad breath
Bad breath and feces
Bad breath can also be named as halitosis. It is basically unpleasant, distinctive, or offensive. While feces are the waste matter that are eliminated from the bowels or in other words we can say that it is the excrement. Some of the disorders in...
Bad breath disease
Bad breath is a breath containing an unpleasant odor. This odor can strike periodically or may be persistent, depending on the cause. In many patients, the millions of bacteria that live in the mouth are the primary culprits of bad breath. The...
Bad breath halitosis
Bad breath and halitosis are the name for the same disease. It is an unpleasant condition that's cause for embarrassment. Some people with bad breath aren't even aware there's a problem. If you're concerned about bad breath, see your dentist. He or...
Bad breath in infants
While it's not a life-or-death problem, bad breath (halitosis) causes embarrassment and self-consciousness for many people. When certain bacteria in the mouth eat, they release airborne compounds that cause bad breath. The bacteria prefer anaerobic,...
Bad breath in toddlers
Healthy children do sometimes have bad breath. If the smell disappears after brushing his teeth or rinsing his mouth, it's normal. Also, keep in mind that what seems like bad breath to you may not be offensive to others. That is said to be normal...
Diabetes bad breath
In this modern civilized world, everyone gives much importance to cleanliness, perfection and fragrance in everything. Bad or offensive breath i.e., Halitosis in medical terminology hinders this going on trend. Bad breath is a social and cosmetic...
Fight bad breath
Many human beings have bad breath now and again. It is a constant or recurring case of bad breath that can offend friends and loved ones and become a real social problem. There are several causes of bad breath and, fortunately, most of them are...
Very bad breath
Bad breath is a very common problem and there are many dissimilar causes. The smelly gases released by the bacteria that coat your teeth and gums generally cause persistent bad breath. However, strong foods like garlic and onions can append to the...
Wisdom teeth bad breath
Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars are the last teeth to erupt. This occurs generally between the ages of seventeen and twenty five. There remains a great deal of disagreement regarding whether or not these teeth need to be removed. It is...
A cramp is an unpleasant sensation caused by contraction, generally of a muscle. It can be caused by cold or overexertion. Illness or poisoning can also lead to cramps, particularly in the stomach, which is referred to as colic if it fits particular...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|