Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Bad breath cures
Bad breath cures
Since the most common cause of bad breath is the odorous waste product created by anaerobic oral bacteria, the most important step a person can take toward improving the quality of their breath is to clean their mouth in a manner that helps to...
Bad breath disease
Bad breath is a breath containing an unpleasant odor. This odor can strike periodically or may be persistent, depending on the cause. In many patients, the millions of bacteria that live in the mouth are the primary culprits of bad breath. The...
Bad breath help
Bad breath can extremely be embarrassing for anybody socializing with people. When you've been a little too close to someone with bad breath for your own comfort it is much more embarrassing. Trying to avoid breathing bad too deeply when near a...
Bad breath in toddlers
Healthy children do sometimes have bad breath. If the smell disappears after brushing his teeth or rinsing his mouth, it's normal. Also, keep in mind that what seems like bad breath to you may not be offensive to others. That is said to be normal...
Bad breath products
Bad breath or halitosis can be a serious source of embarrassment and shame. Some people along with bad breath are not even aware that there is a problem. However, one no longer has to let it handicap or affect their social life. There is lot many...
Bad breath sinus
Sinus conditions can have an effect on the quality of a person's breath. Upper respiratory infections and allergies can both promote the flow of postnasal drip onto the back portion of a person's tongue by way of an opening in the area of a person's...
Diabetes bad breath
In this modern civilized world, everyone gives much importance to cleanliness, perfection and fragrance in everything. Bad or offensive breath i.e., Halitosis in medical terminology hinders this going on trend. Bad breath is a social and cosmetic...
Getting rid of bad breath
Many rumors circulate from time to time about the cause of chronic bad breath, or halitosis. One can almost rule out the theory of bad breath coming from places other than the mouth. The esophagus is collapsed normally and air can only escape in the...
Herbs for Bad Breath
What is bad breath? More than 20 million people are suffering from bad breath (chronic halitosis in medical terms). In most of the cases it starts due to problems in gums and tongue. Bacteria causes odour in the mouth and this occurred from the...
Running cramps influence everyone, including runners that are in shape. Following these tips will help you avoid running cramps. Cramps are connected to many things, including what you eat and how you breathe. But the most vital thing to do is...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|