Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Bad breath solutions
Bad breath halitosis
Bad breath and halitosis are the name for the same disease. It is an unpleasant condition that's cause for embarrassment. Some people with bad breath aren't even aware there's a problem. If you're concerned about bad breath, see your dentist. He or...
Bad breath remedies
There can be many a remedies which help in getting rid of the bad breath. The remedies can be taken from any of the culture. There are remedies provided by originates of the folk culture. According to them apple cider vinegar is considered to be the...
Bad breath solutions
Millions of people suffer with embarrassing bad breath. Bad breath usually originates from one of two sources, namely through certain foods that we eat or by bacteria in our mouths that feed on left over food particles. We eat a meal and then suffer...
Bad breathe bible
Bad breath is caused by Anaerobic Sulfur Producing Bacteria, which normally live within the surface of the tongue and in the throat. These bacteria are supposed to be there, because they assist humans in digestion by breaking down proteins found in...
Getting rid of bad breath
Many rumors circulate from time to time about the cause of chronic bad breath, or halitosis. One can almost rule out the theory of bad breath coming from places other than the mouth. The esophagus is collapsed normally and air can only escape in the...
Herbs for Bad Breath
What is bad breath? More than 20 million people are suffering from bad breath (chronic halitosis in medical terms). In most of the cases it starts due to problems in gums and tongue. Bacteria causes odour in the mouth and this occurred from the...
Natural cures for bad breath
Fixing bad breath depends on what is causing it actually. In most percent of the cases, it is cause of something in the mouth that creates bad breath. Most regularly, it is nothing more serious than a dirty mouth. Plaque, which is the nearly...
Post nasal drip bad breath
The nose can contribute to bad breath. Thick mucus discharge resulting from colds, allergies, medications, pregnancy or hormonal changes can collect on the back of the tongue. This layer of mucus provides a protective blanket under which bacteria...
Stomach bad breath
Bad breath can be a result of poor dental hygiene, but it also can emanate from problems with the stomach that is why bad breathe returns shortly after brushing the teeth. Vomiting is a defensive reaction by your body to clear the digestive tract....
Stop bad breath
There are many a people all over the world suffering from the universal disease of bad breath. Bad breath is responsible for the embarrassment and destroys relationships with family and friends. It may flatten your confidence and self esteem and may...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|