Bad Breath Symptom -
Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care.
Symptoms of Bad Breath -
White or Yellow Film on the tongue, Post Nasal Drainage, White Nodules on the Tonsils, Dry Mouth and Bitter, Sour or Metallic Tastes are some of the common symptoms.
1. One of the most common symptoms, the film forms due to nasal mucous and bacteria accumulation on the tongue especially the backside. Removing it is not the complete solution as these bacteria are found in the entire mouth and the saliva. Longer or larger taste buds (also called papillae) in some people traps more bacteria. People suffering from post nasal (mucous) drainage tend to have these films on the tongue.
2. Post Nasal Drainage causes due to sinus and allergies, where a thick mucous drains down the throat from sinus or nasal areas, that typically contains bacteria and proteins. These proteins break down into amino acids that foster the bacterial growth and the mucous also protect the bacteria from oxygen resulting in the bacteria causing halitosis. This causes the person to clear his throat often. Hydro Pulse sinus irrigator and Breathe-Ease XL saline powder help in reducing the drainage.
3. Tonsils secrete white 'smelly' nodules that usually go unnoticed as they are swallowed, but are noticed only when they get dislodged. They may be of 1mm-4mm in size and can be noticed only when placed at the entrance of nostrils. Removing the tonsils themselves would not be solution in many cases.
4. Dry mouth or Xerostomia is one of the main causes of halitosis caused due to ageing, medications, insufficient fluid intake. Dry mouth causes concentration of bacteria in the saliva that readily evaporate resulting in stronger bad breath. It also causes the alteration of acid / base balance in the mouth fostering bacterial growth. Less saliva causes accumulation of more bacteria and cellular debris.
5. Bad tastes like bitter, sour or even metallic tastes in the mouth are caused due to drainage in the sinus, medications dry mouth, dental infections or oral bacteria. Dry mouth is the main cause of bad tastes. However, not all causes of bad tastes produce bad breath, so bad tastes as a symptom may be misleading at times.
Bad breath and feces
Bad breath can also be named as halitosis. It is basically unpleasant, distinctive, or offensive. While feces are the waste matter that are eliminated from the bowels or in other words we can say that it is the excrement. Some of the disorders in...
Bad breath causes
For the majority of people, the single most frequent cause of their breath odor problem is associated with bacteria that live in their mouth. Bacteria, just like humans, go through their lives consuming foods and excreting wastes. The waste products...
Bad breath halitosis
Bad breath and halitosis are the name for the same disease. It is an unpleasant condition that's cause for embarrassment. Some people with bad breath aren't even aware there's a problem. If you're concerned about bad breath, see your dentist. He or...
Bad breath problems
Bad breath is the common name for the medical condition known as halitosis. There are many different things that can cause halitosis like it can be caused from not brushing your teeth to certain medical conditions. Sometimes, a person's bad breath...
Bad Breath Symptom -
What is Bad Breath? Bad Breath or Halitosis is the unpleasant odour typically caused by oral dryness, stress, hunger or certain items like garlic and onions or smoking and poor oral care. Symptoms of Bad Breath - White or Yellow...
Bad breath treatment
Most adults suffer from bad breath intermittently, although it may affect up to a quarter of adults on a regular basis. Bad breath is usually brought on by the breakdown of proteins by bacteria somewhere in the mouth. However, there are several...
Dry Mouth Bad Breath -
Dry Mouth as a symptom of Bad Breath - Dry Mouth, also known as Xerostomia is a common symptom and one of the main causes of Bad Breath or Halitosis. Xerostomia is usually caused due to ageing, medications, reduction in the fluid intake, use of...
Fight bad breath
Many human beings have bad breath now and again. It is a constant or recurring case of bad breath that can offend friends and loved ones and become a real social problem. There are several causes of bad breath and, fortunately, most of them are...
Herbs for Bad Breath
What is bad breath? More than 20 million people are suffering from bad breath (chronic halitosis in medical terms). In most of the cases it starts due to problems in gums and tongue. Bacteria causes odour in the mouth and this occurred from the...
Tongue bad breath
The tongue's surface is the main breeding ground for harmful bacteria that attack teeth & gums producing a rotten egg - smelling gases or dragon mouth. Tongue cleaning is necessary, in addition to brushing, for a thorough dislodging of the plaque...
|© bad-breathe.tdrbizl.com 2006|