Causes of ADHD- Why is ADHD caused?
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hypersensitive Disorder or ADHD is a neurological disease which mainly affects children. A child is supposed to be suffering from ADHD when he shows signs of extreme restlessness, hyperactiveness, anxiety and impulsiveness. Children suffering from ADHD show these signs very regularly and under all the situations. These children lack the capacity to pay attention for a long time and can be easily distracted.
Causes of ADHD:
The exact cause of ADHD is not yet known. However experts believe that the following reasons might be the factors responsible for ADHD:
1) Experts believe that ADHD is biological in nature and is caused primarily due to a chemical imbalance in the brain.
2) Genetic factor can also be a chief cause for ADHD as per the experts' opinion. It has been observed that parents suffering from ADHD have children suffering from it too. Thus hereditary cause is also a prime reason for ADHD.
3) Identical tins show a tendency of suffering from ADHD more than the fraternal twins, even if the twins are raised separately.
4) There are other non-genetic factors responsible for causing ADHD. Other environmental factors like the child being exposed to toxic elements like lead or complications during pregnancy like insufficient oxygen or low birth weight or lack of essential fatty acids are responsible for it.
5) Mothers smoking during pregnancy period can play a vital role in making the child suffer from ADHD.
6) Some other causes include unbalanced and lack of nutritious diet, poor parenting and hormonal imbalance.
The above given causes are simply presumptions made by medical researchers. However the exact cause of ADHD which can be pin-pointed still remains a mystery. Thus the researches continue for finding out the exact cause and treatment of ADHD.
ADHD Ritalin- Ritalin or Retarding?
Add adhd - "adding" to the Problems
Today, one of the major diseases that children and youth suffer from is the disease called Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD. Though even adults can suffer from this disease, it mainly affects children and the youth. Though ADD has received a great...
ADHD Checklist- Checking Out!!
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD) as a disease is rapidly gaining ground. The number of people suffering from this disease, especially, children and youngsters is rising increasingly. Thus even the measures to cure this disease are gaining...
ADHD Children- ADHD Children- They are Special!
It is said that children are closest to God. Thus children suffering from diseases like Attention Deficit Disorders ( ADD) are all the more special. They are God's special children and have a different destiny carved for them. They are different...
What is ADHD? The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a psychological disorder that starts right...
The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is indeed a psychological disorder. It is psychological disease which generally changes how a child behaves, think, and feel. Nearly all children suffering from this disease are overactive and...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even though the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. ADHD is a disease that starts...
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder known as ADHD is a condition in which adults or children of early age suffer due to inattention or excessive hyperactivity. Nowadays it is very common among adults. About 3-5% of children suffer from ADHD....
ADHD Support Groups - Supporting a Cause.
The most important part in the process of treatment of any disease is the support that a patient or the victim gets from the people around him. Thus a person suffering from ADHD especially children require huge support from his parents, teachers,...
Adult ADHD- Even Grown-ups have it!
The human brain is one of the most complex aspects of the human body and it is still a puzzle for the medical practitioners and researchers. Mental or neurological disorders can affect anyone and at anytime. An individual can suffer from a mental...
Causes of ADHD- Why is ADHD caused?
Neurological diseases and diseases related to the brain are difficult to treat and comprehend. Neurologists, psychologists, psychiatrists and medical researchers, despite great studies, know very little about the human brain. Thus a great deal of...
|© ADHD.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|