Causes of ADHD- Why is ADHD caused?
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hypersensitive Disorder or ADHD is a neurological disease which mainly affects children. A child is supposed to be suffering from ADHD when he shows signs of extreme restlessness, hyperactiveness, anxiety and impulsiveness. Children suffering from ADHD show these signs very regularly and under all the situations. These children lack the capacity to pay attention for a long time and can be easily distracted.
Causes of ADHD:
The exact cause of ADHD is not yet known. However experts believe that the following reasons might be the factors responsible for ADHD:
1) Experts believe that ADHD is biological in nature and is caused primarily due to a chemical imbalance in the brain.
2) Genetic factor can also be a chief cause for ADHD as per the experts' opinion. It has been observed that parents suffering from ADHD have children suffering from it too. Thus hereditary cause is also a prime reason for ADHD.
3) Identical tins show a tendency of suffering from ADHD more than the fraternal twins, even if the twins are raised separately.
4) There are other non-genetic factors responsible for causing ADHD. Other environmental factors like the child being exposed to toxic elements like lead or complications during pregnancy like insufficient oxygen or low birth weight or lack of essential fatty acids are responsible for it.
5) Mothers smoking during pregnancy period can play a vital role in making the child suffer from ADHD.
6) Some other causes include unbalanced and lack of nutritious diet, poor parenting and hormonal imbalance.
The above given causes are simply presumptions made by medical researchers. However the exact cause of ADHD which can be pin-pointed still remains a mystery. Thus the researches continue for finding out the exact cause and treatment of ADHD.
Adhd and Food allergy - Food for Thought
ADHD Camps- Camping with a difference!!
The concept of adventure camps invokes the feeling of great fun, a wide range of adventure activities and spending quality time with the fellow campers. Thus each one longs for that big break each year to go on an adventure camp. Thus it is no...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even though the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a psychological state of mind. ADHD is a disease that starts right from...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is a psychological disorder which is related to the hypersensitive psychological state of mind. The most common symptoms in an infant are Extreme restlessness, crying, they also...
ADHD Information - Uncovering Attention Deficiency Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
In today's world, the mass media is one of the most powerful sources of information. These have enabled people access and research any subject within a few seconds. One of the most researched subjects is medicine and diseases which are lesser known...
ADHD definition: ADHD is defined as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder which is a condition that is caused in the behavior pattern of an individual because of inattention, hyperactivity or too much impulsiveness. Generally 3-5% of...
What is ADHD and what are the common symptoms of ADHD: The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a...
It is estimated that from 3 to 10 percent of the population suffers from what is known as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This disorder is found more often in boys than girls. This disorder is...
Adult ADHD- Even Grown-ups have it!
The human brain is one of the most complex aspects of the human body and it is still a puzzle for the medical practitioners and researchers. Mental or neurological disorders can affect anyone and at anytime. An individual can suffer from a mental...
Alternative Medicine and ADHD- In Search of New Ways
Many a times it happens that when a treatment for any disease is administered for a disease, the treatment itself can have negative effects on the victim. Thus the case is no different in case of neurological diseases like Attention Deficit...
Famous People with ADHD:
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) daydream frequently is characterized by leading to inattention in classrooms or in any activity. Inattention is the decisive diagnostic criteria for ADD. The general...
|© ADHD.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|