Causes of ADHD- Why is ADHD caused?
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hypersensitive Disorder or ADHD is a neurological disease which mainly affects children. A child is supposed to be suffering from ADHD when he shows signs of extreme restlessness, hyperactiveness, anxiety and impulsiveness. Children suffering from ADHD show these signs very regularly and under all the situations. These children lack the capacity to pay attention for a long time and can be easily distracted.
Causes of ADHD:
The exact cause of ADHD is not yet known. However experts believe that the following reasons might be the factors responsible for ADHD:
1) Experts believe that ADHD is biological in nature and is caused primarily due to a chemical imbalance in the brain.
2) Genetic factor can also be a chief cause for ADHD as per the experts' opinion. It has been observed that parents suffering from ADHD have children suffering from it too. Thus hereditary cause is also a prime reason for ADHD.
3) Identical tins show a tendency of suffering from ADHD more than the fraternal twins, even if the twins are raised separately.
4) There are other non-genetic factors responsible for causing ADHD. Other environmental factors like the child being exposed to toxic elements like lead or complications during pregnancy like insufficient oxygen or low birth weight or lack of essential fatty acids are responsible for it.
5) Mothers smoking during pregnancy period can play a vital role in making the child suffer from ADHD.
6) Some other causes include unbalanced and lack of nutritious diet, poor parenting and hormonal imbalance.
The above given causes are simply presumptions made by medical researchers. However the exact cause of ADHD which can be pin-pointed still remains a mystery. Thus the researches continue for finding out the exact cause and treatment of ADHD.
Add adhd - "adding" to the Problems
Add adhd - "adding" to the Problems
Today, one of the major diseases that children and youth suffer from is the disease called Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD. Though even adults can suffer from this disease, it mainly affects children and the youth. Though ADD has received a great...
Adhd and Food allergy - Food for Thought
Attention deficit disorder coupled with food allergy is a unique problem faced by children. This has become one of the most controversial and a hot topic for debate in the field of medicine. Food sensitivities and ADHD is a very uncommon...
ADHD Children- ADHD Children- They are Special!
It is said that children are closest to God. Thus children suffering from diseases like Attention Deficit Disorders ( ADD) are all the more special. They are God's special children and have a different destiny carved for them. They are different...
What is ADHD? The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a psychological disorder that starts right...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even though the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a psychological state of mind. ADHD is a disease that starts right from...
The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is disease which is a psychological disorder. Abnormal symptoms of hyperactivity and consideration deficits may be diagnosed as the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Nearly all...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even though the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. ADHD is a disease that starts...
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
One of the most important and probably the most difficult diseases to treat are diseases which affect the brain. Neurological diseases can be very tricky to cure. Thus treating ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders can be a challenging...
It is estimated that from 3 to 10 percent of the population suffers from what is known as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This disorder is found more often in boys than girls. This disorder is...
Alternative Medicine and ADHD- In Search of New Ways
Many a times it happens that when a treatment for any disease is administered for a disease, the treatment itself can have negative effects on the victim. Thus the case is no different in case of neurological diseases like Attention Deficit...
|© ADHD.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|