Adult ADHD- Even Grown-ups have it!
More about Adult ADHD:
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder or ADHD is said to be mainly affecting children or adolescents. However even adults can suffer from this situation and can be victims of ADHD. The symptoms of ADHD are inattentiveness, high impulsiveness, highly hyperactive and restless. ADHD can affect adults at any stage in life. Adults ADHD is difficult to diagnose as it is mistaken as a result of a stressful life. However if the individual shows the symptoms for a majority part of his life it means that he is suffering from ADHD.
How to recognize ADHD among adults?
To confirm that adults suffer from ADHD the following factors must be considered:
1) Adults suffering from ADHD can have difficulties in winding up a project or a given task once the difficult part of the project is completed.
2) The individual has trouble in the organization and time management necessary for a project or a task.
3) A person suffering from ADHD tends to forget his appointments and obligations.
4) An individual suffering from ADHD has trouble in sitting in one place for a long time and fidgets and squirms in his seat if he has to do so.
5) Sometimes he gets so hyperactive that he tends to do things very fast and without much thought behind it.
Coping with ADHD:
There are several ways in which adults can cope with ADHD. Psychologists, psychiatrists and doctors have designed special ways to treat adult ADHD. The following are few of the ways in which Adult ADHD can be treated:
1) Special counseling by professional psychologists and psychiatrists.
2) Different coping and skill strategies developed for treating adult ADHD.
3) Professional psychologists advise behavior modifications, coaching and therapy and a combination of these factors.
4) Treatment is customized for each patient.
5) The psychologist or the psychiatrist first determines the degree and nature of the ADHD among the individual.
6) The physician then determines the treatment according to the symptoms of ADHD among the individual.
7) The treatment involves monitoring the symptoms and treatment and medicinal effects on the individual with respect to his work, domestic and social life and his level of performance in every field.
Thus this proves that it is not necessary that only children suffer from ADHD. Individuals above the age of 18 to suffer from it and that Adult ADHD is very much prevalent.
ADHD Checklist- Checking Out!!
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD) as a disease is rapidly gaining ground. The number of people suffering from this disease, especially, children and youngsters is rising increasingly. Thus even the measures to cure this disease are gaining...
ADHD Children- ADHD Children- They are Special!
It is said that children are closest to God. Thus children suffering from diseases like Attention Deficit Disorders ( ADD) are all the more special. They are God's special children and have a different destiny carved for them. They are different...
What is ADHD? The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a psychological disorder that starts right...
ADHD Disorder- ADHD Disorder- The New Age Disease
The 21st century is the century which is hallmarked by the maximum number of inventions, discoveries, innovations and mind- blowing progress with the speed of light. But as the world progresses to a new phase the number of diseases an maladies...
ADHD Information - Uncovering Attention Deficiency Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
In today's world, the mass media is one of the most powerful sources of information. These have enabled people access and research any subject within a few seconds. One of the most researched subjects is medicine and diseases which are lesser known...
The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is disease which is a psychological disorder. Abnormal symptoms of hyperactivity and consideration deficits may be diagnosed as the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Nearly all...
The full form of ADHD is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even though the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. ADHD is a disease that starts...
ADHD Support Groups - Supporting a Cause.
The most important part in the process of treatment of any disease is the support that a patient or the victim gets from the people around him. Thus a person suffering from ADHD especially children require huge support from his parents, teachers,...
ADHD definition: ADHD is defined as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder which is a condition that is caused in the behavior pattern of an individual because of inattention, hyperactivity or too much impulsiveness. Generally 3-5% of...
It is estimated that from 3 to 10 percent of the population suffers from what is known as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This disorder is found more often in boys than girls. This disorder is...
|© ADHD.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|